Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strategies to prevent contact with COVID-19
Mark P, perhaps you could ask your Dad to pick up some cans of air freshener containing ethanol next time he goes out and about. The Wick brand is less than $2 a can. Then you could spray the house and car on a regular basis(especially just before and after he returns from his trips) to help compensate for your Dads senile behavior. I think your strategy needs to be keeping the house and car virus free. It can be done. Masked and with gloves, I sprayed the heck out of my vacation rentals to hopefully get all surfaces, waited for a few hours before entering again. Do you have an ozone machine? Get everyone out of the house for 1/2 hour and run that once a day, it'll kill anything microscopic.
While I have not been closely checking on the state of the epidemic in China, I have noted lately that the new cases do seem to be dropping off to very low numbers compared to earlier.
They're still there.
The graph has flat lined, but isn't dropping yet.
A headline on BBC seemed to indicate that the people of Wuhan were beginning to "emerge" from their lock down.
If things are beginning to return to normal for them, its been almost 4 months since it began.

Are your plans adequate to get you thru 4 months, probably more?
- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.
While I have not been closely checking on the state of the epidemic in China...

China reports no domestic cases of coronavirus for first time since outbreak began

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/m...reak-began

I'll add, if we're going to use the Chinese model of a rapid increase of infections followed by an equally rapid decrease in infections I think the results have to be adjusted for the different approaches to containing the outbreaks. The Chinese were able to impose draconian measures to achieve their results. And heroically built infrastructure over night to deal with it. We've spent an incredible amount of time in denial, let alone actually confronting the problem. As such, the Chinese 4 months are probably more like 12 here. If we're lucky.
Yep, that's why I added "probably more" to my post.

EDIT:
The reason I returned is because I realized an error in my previous post.
The graph referred to in that post will not drop with time as case numbers drop.
It based on total cases.
It will continue to grow with time, hopefully slowly as fewer and fewer are added making it continue looking as a flat line.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.