Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Practical ways to deal with the unvaxx'd
It was fun before the appearance of national politics.
A sliver of reality in a society suffering from delusion induced by mass hysteria.

"The prospects for meeting a clear herd-immunity target are "very complicated," said Dr. Jefferson Jones, a medical officer on the CDC’s COVID-19 Epidemiology Task Force.

“Thinking that we’ll be able to achieve some kind of threshold where there’ll be no more transmission of infections may not be possible,” Jones acknowledged last week to members of a panel that advises the CDC on vaccines.

Vaccines have been quite effective at preventing cases of COVID-19 that lead to severe illness and death, but none has proved reliable at blocking transmission of the virus, Jones noted. Recent evidence has also made clear that the immunity provided by vaccines can wane in a matter of months.

The result is that even if vaccination were universal, the coronavirus would probably continue to spread.

“We would discourage” thinking in terms of “a strict goal,” he said."

Practicality only begins when people stop engaging in hysterics and begin to think, objectively.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical...ar-AAQCZMW
(11-13-2021, 12:35 AM)Wao nahele kane Wrote: A sliver of reality in a society suffering from delusion induced by mass hysteria.

"The prospects for meeting a clear herd-immunity target are "very complicated," said Dr. Jefferson Jones, a medical officer on the CDC’s COVID-19 Epidemiology Task Force.

“Thinking that we’ll be able to achieve some kind of threshold where there’ll be no more transmission of infections may not be possible,” Jones acknowledged last week to members of a panel that advises the CDC on vaccines.

Vaccines have been quite effective at preventing cases of COVID-19 that lead to severe illness and death, but none has proved reliable at blocking transmission of the virus, Jones noted. Recent evidence has also made clear that the immunity provided by vaccines can wane in a matter of months.

The result is that even if vaccination were universal, the coronavirus would probably continue to spread.

“We would discourage” thinking in terms of “a strict goal,” he said."

Practicality only begins when people stop engaging in hysterics and begin to think, objectively.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical...ar-AAQCZMW

Great post. It's time for the theater to end. Making policy based on number of new infections is not worthwhile.
I already answered this in another thread: face tattoos, so we have a permanent reminder of those among us with poor judgement.
(11-13-2021, 01:10 AM)randomq Wrote: I already answered this in another thread: face tattoos, so we have a permanent reminder of those among us with poor judgement.

I love face tattoos. Sign me up!

Okay not really...
I hope you guys can come up with some creative new design ideas for these face tattoos. The typical mundane circled syringe with a line through it seems a bit too on the nose.
I'll take THIN THE HERD in gothic script.
That is thoughtful and considerate.
(11-13-2021, 01:10 AM)randomq Wrote: I already answered this in another thread: face tattoos, so we have a permanent reminder of those among us with poor judgement.

With outlined or solid teardrop below the eye?
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
Probably dozens of teardrops, to represent all the suffering the anti-vaxxer/masker/etc has endured. Or the circle and line though the various things they oppose: vaccines, masks, 5G, etc... Sorry My 2Cents. Smile