Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safe travels unenforceable?
The thing is disorderly conduct is basically the charge they use when they can't get anything else to stick. It shows what a weak hand they had.

It's likely it came out that they admitted to making a ruckus at the airport when they were being detained (possibly unlawfully).

There's also the issue I looked up 5 other people and there were zero court records, which says a lot.

At this point I'm like 90% sure it's not enforceable and a good lawyer would get everything dropped.

It's probable they are afraid it will get overturned which is why the charges keep getting dropped.
At this point I'm like 90% sure
It's probable

Or, like 90 some percent of all court cases, charges get dropped.  Without a conspiracy behind the reasoning.
Which just further proves my point.

That it's probably not enforceable. It's looking more and more like you can break quarantine get a good lawyer and tell them to pound sand... And if they keep you detained without a proper charge you have a decent chance in federal court. That is assuming you don't do something stupid enough to make other changes stick.

Talking about conspiracy is just a way to try to shut down the argument.
Talking about conspiracy is just a way to try to shut down the argument.

Whatever works.
" Notice of Correction
/* An amendment has been made to the violation for Case Number 5DCW-20-0001294. On 20-APR-2021 count 1 was changed as a result of Amended Complaint */"

I missed this part before. Thanks Obie. I was stuck in a car and typing from there all day.

I don't believe this would happen if it was a a plea bargain. It seems like they knew the reckless endangerment would not stick.

Someone who is actually a lawyer correct me if I am wrong.
For those who’ve been caught their vacation has been ruined. That’s disincentive and punishment enough IMO.
(11-13-2021, 03:16 AM)Durian Fiend Wrote: For those who’ve been caught their vacation has been ruined.  That’s disincentive and punishment enough IMO.

If I didn't have better judgement I'd start a gofundme to pay a bunch of homeless people from San Francisco to fly here to Honolulu and then have a lawyer spring them ASAP and record it all. Upload it to Youtube, and try to get national media attention. Then use it as a weapon against Ige and Green.

If they keep extending it though, I know how to start some major shit at least. :-)
 I know how to start some major shit 

I hope my kids never throw a baseball or frisbee in your yard.
(11-13-2021, 03:03 AM)malahini Wrote: I missed this part before. Thanks Obie. I was stuck in a car and typing from there all day.

Did you call for help?
(11-13-2021, 10:33 AM)TomK Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 03:03 AM)malahini Wrote: I missed this part before. Thanks Obie. I was stuck in a car and typing from there all day.

Did you call for help?

I probably should have worded that better.