Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Telcom Reliability
(01-31-2022, 10:48 PM)Gus Wrote: The reliability has been excellent. When my first contract ran out and the rate went up, they offered me another contract at reasonable rates. What absolutely sucks in my opinion is the phone service. They take away your POTS landline and replace it with their VOIP line. You have no choice. About 20% of my outgoing calls just don't work. I have a MagicJack phone just so I can call out reliably. Of course, when the internet or power goes out, so does the phone.

I'm intrigued that you state 20% of your outgoing phone calls don't work and you have to use MagicJack just so you can make these calls that you can't. Both MagicJack and HT's phone service use VoIP, so I'm puzzled why one works and the other doesn't. Have you tried to talk to Hawaiian Tel about this?
If one has an iphone and verizon it can be configured to use wifi instead of cellular for voice calls. I have mine configured that way because I have a "pay as you go" plan and I don't have to pay for any minutes making calls from home. Also the cell signal is weak inside our house.