Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Kenoi
damon i agree... lets stop the attacking on punaweb... i personally dont think the election section should have been started... i hate negative campaigning. all these "new" people show up, spew their filth and leave, having nothing to do with whats punaweb about. if people are in such a hurry to leave negative comments about billy some too ridiculous to even respond to: ie he was supposed to single handed cure the ice problem?? give me a break... if this forum should really be titled: Rob wants to elect angel then change the name. i personally went to 4 different community debates and listened carefully and then made my decisions on elections. i would advise that for all. as damon mentioned in response to someone who said dont believe everything you read, and damon said, dont believe everything you hear on punaweb.. go hear for yourself folks and remember aloha, why we are here in the first place..
lquade,

There are 120 topics on this Election 2008 Forum and a minority concern the mayor's race or Billy Kenoi. I too went to a number of forums and events and spoke with Billy with an eye to making a decision. I had trouble finding much substance with Mr. Kenoi. He is a very personable guy though. Substance I found with Angel Pilago and I simply came to the conclusion that Billy Kenoi is no Angel.

Because of the lack of positive posting for Kenoi I did ask, just above: Can anyone name some accomplishments of Billy's?
I didn't mean it as a loaded question.

Perhaps you, indicating support for Mr. Kenoi, could make his case here and enlighten us with more skill than buddabradda.

I do believe that this election is important on a number of levels. I will admit my preference for Mr. Pilago. I do invite you to
elaborate.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
rob what i was trying to indicate was my abhorrence to negative campaigning and name calling. i really think politics/god and racial issues can heat up emotions and cause ill-will on the punaweb at a time when we are trying to form a community. that was the intended focus on my posting. i believe people are intelligent enough to make up their own minds or if they dont care enough to be informed, hopefully they become the apathetic 60 percent who dont vote. i have spoken to several puna webbers who say they just stay away from that portion of the forum and i think they gave me good advice. i hate to see friends and neighbors resort to name calling and word-smithing... many of whom might not even be registered to vote, or havent been here long enough to understand the history, the players, the entire dynamics of their decisions to bring change to our world in puna.
I appreciate that. By name calling and negative campaigning are you referring to the recently arrived buddabrudda? Besides that I am of the opinion that the Elections Forum as been rather civil.

Also: As this topic is entitled: Billy Kenoi; I will again ask the question...

Can anyone name some accomplishments of Billy's?
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Well good morning all. Busy bees everyone has been.

I too would like to hear about Billy's accomplishments.

For the record, I was leaning towards Billy Kenoi in the beginning. The fight incident, and a few other things like the disability right issue... pointed me in the other direction.

Are there accomplishments that that would make Billy Kenoi a good mayor?

-Cat
um, ho hum, about Billy's accomplishments ...?

not to be found, unless amassing and spending vast amount$ of campaign donation$ can be considered ... Sad

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
#4 is a joke, right? effective government! Where?
I like it here in the shallow end of the gene pool