Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Australia on Sale
I'm going to have to get a refund on mine too. Was ticketed for September. Did you have any difficulty getting a refund instead of a credit?
Nope... but "they" cancelled our reservations outright. And then I specifically requested a refund instead of a credit and they gave me one. Took about a week for the money to go back on the card. I think if you just want a refund before they actually cancel them...they will only offer you a credit voucher. I would hold on to them for a while....Hawaii is trying to work out some "bubbles" with countries that have very low corvid19 rates...specifically New Zealand, Australia and Japan to allow visitors both ways in the next couple of months.
Looks like Australia has cancelled everything international until October 25th. So anyone with reservations out of Hawaii at that time ....have... or will be cancelled by the airline soon.

https://www.jetstar.com/au/en/travel-ale...pJt6zt5QwU
My September flights got cancelled. We got a full refund from Jetstar yesterday.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Glad to hear everybody got their refunds!
Still waiting on ours after two plus months. Finally decided to send on to credit card to dispute.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
(02-17-2020, 03:48 PM)PaulW Wrote: Qantas is better than Jetstar so be glad!
Qantas. Safest airline. Qantas.
(07-04-2020, 07:41 PM)Kelena Wrote:
(02-17-2020, 03:48 PM)PaulW Wrote: Qantas is better than Jetstar so be glad!
Qantas. Safest airline. Qantas.
Well, I've been away from this forum quite a while. Stuck here in - you guessed it, AUSTRALIA. Sad Which is closed for international travel for the foreseeable future, definitely not the USA this year. Mandatory 14 day quarantine for all international arrivals, and very little prospect of that changing until mid-next year at least.
Pre-Covid, we travelled regularly between our homes south of Sydney and in Puna. And we ALWAYS use Hawaiian Airlines. Jetstar is cheap, for sure. As in "cheap and nasty",and, it's REALLY nasty. And Qantas is an expensive version of Jetstar. Gone are the days when it was a nice airline. In my experience, HA have similar fares to Qantas, and are much nicer to travel with. Jetstar, apart from being a horrible uncomfortable way to travel (and HNL-SYD for example is 10 hours) even pre-Covid (or any kind of excuse) has a very bad habit of cancelling flights at whim. So even if you do make it out here, you could well end up spending a longer vacation than you expected! And some of it in a nasty airport hotel.  While you wait for them to reschedule your flight. That's certainly the experience of my family member who was seduced by those "cheap" fares last year. That, and little details like on a SYD-HNL flight, you might find hidden in the detail a nasty little 7 hour stopover at Melbourne airport (which is, BTW entirely NOT on the way from SYD - HNL, and will take your total travel time to something like 19 hours - a big chunk of which will be redeye). My family member was seduced by those cheap fares and lived to regret it, after having to cancel all of his appointments booked for his return home, and close his business for an extra few days. Didn't end up so cheap!  All of this may be a moot point - it will be interesting to see which airlines will be able to survive this pandemic and all of the ensuing chaos. I just hope Jetstar is not the only option left. Sad
I've flown Jetstar and Virgin Australia throughout Australia and New Zealand for years and yes they are a low cost airline and they sometimes have cancellations and schedule changes but they make good on any problem. Qantas on the other hand is frightfully expensive and not much better. Jetstar flies "new" modern 787 Dreamliners from both Melbourne and Sydney to Honolulu non-stop. I've flown Hawaiian to Sydney many times both in Business class and coach and I wasn't impressed. I would fly Jetstar any day rather than Hawaiian with their Bullsh _ _ Aloha service.
There goes any hope of traveling down under in the near future.

https://onemileatatime.com/qantas-cancel...RrF3y361NM