Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says
You simply cannot force someone to

...but you can force people to abide by the poor choices of others, simply because those others cannot be forced to make choices that are consistent with a social compact?

At some point, you will have to accept that you can't get everyone to board the group think train.

Then at some point it becomes necessary to admit that the virus cannot be controlled. Eradication of polio was merely a fluke of history, we will never manage that feat again.

brain bleeds, melanomas, spontaneous abortions, heart attacks, kidney failures, early signs of creutzfeld jacobs

Is this reaction rate greater than the 0.2% rate of COVID deaths?
creutzfeld jacobs is a prion based disease and has nothing to do with mRNA.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
To Kander: The lyric you quoted is incomplete.  The entire line reads " All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest." 

To Or1on: Yes, at this point in time, I think people who have deliberately chosen not to get vaccinated should not get any priority for scarce hospital resources.  My friend was told that because his cancer would not likely kill him in the next 6 months, the surgery was considered 'elective' because the ICU beds for post-surgical care are filled by non-vaxed covid people.  He tries to be stoic, but he is in enormous pain.  His family and friends agonize while caring for him, knowing that it was other peoples' choice to disregard the science behind the vaccines, but still hypocritically  want medical science to cure them now.  Again, I believe everyone has the choice of whether to get vaccinated or not - but they should be held responsible for the consequences of their choice.
(09-16-2021, 12:23 AM)Durian Fiend Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 10:47 PM)randomq Wrote: News reports did not mislead the public...

It makes no difference to those who are inclined to doubt the process...

You all do realize, don't you, that no argument will convince Kander, or anyone of his ilk, of anything. He has no interest in facts, doesn't care about emergency v permanent, and will never be accountable for what he says. It's all noise. He doesn't have the wherewithal to reason through, let alone actually speak for, the details of vaccines. He's illiterate to anything of the kind. Seriously, how can anyone that buys all that mumble jumble be expected to rationally comprehend a pandemic?

The one thing I gather from this entire Covid experience is how a vast amount of people in our society are underdeveloped. They don't have the ability to discern right from wrong and certainly have no means to understand anything beyond the rudimentary. Kander is a poster child for the disenfranchised. Gee, just look at his posts, copy and pasted gobbledegook without any sense of comprehension. And while I appreciate one's right to their own stupidity, and regardless of their limitations a life free of judgement or unobtainable expectations, I agree with Punaperson that they should be held responsible for the consequences of their choice.
Speaking solely for myself, I'm not trying to convince any of the frequent posters here of anything. Instead, I'm hopeful that casual viewers (to the extent there are any) who are truly vaccine hesitant will see this, consider the information and arguments being provided and the various pros and cons of certain behaviors, and hopefully make a more informed choice to get vaccinated. As the overwhelming mountain of evidence shows, getting vaccinated is beneficial to your own health as well as that of others, protects people younger than 12 who can't get vaccinated, and starts Hawaii on the path to normalcy where there is no more COVID. The alternative is not a realistic option, and has no finish line. I suppose the finish line would be 1 in 60 people who get the virus dying, completely full ICUs, never-ending changing rules on gatherings and activities, and everything else that has plagued the last 18 months. But I don't think anyone on here, no matter their views on the vaccines, wants that.
Leilani Estates, 2011 to Present
Maybe it has something to do with control.
The great unvaxxed somehow think they have a sort of power to have an affect on other people.

Or attention.
The great unvaxxed craving attention (doesn’t matter whether good or bad). They’re thrilled someone is actually paying attention to them. Before all this the wack jobs’ views were simply ignored.
Now it’s more difficult because one has to somehow reason/cajole to get them vaxxed.
You will never be able to logically argue with those who have no logic.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
I kind of suspect that our local street side vax protectors are refugees from the PGV protestors. Pele, quite interestingly, bypassed PGV on her destructive march to the sea implying, at least to me, that our goddess of the volcanoes had no animosity to geothermal power.
(09-15-2021, 09:11 PM)kander Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 06:59 PM)randomq Wrote: Kander,

Do you not know that Pfizer has full FDA approval?

And why do you say it has questionable efficacy, when it's obviously effective?

Also, do you really believe there could be such a broad uptick in side effects without scientists or the media taking note of it? J&J was in the news for far less than all that.
Re authorization of the EUA is not "full approval" as you have been told by fox news.
https://www.fda.gov/media/150386/download

"On August 23, 2021, FDA approved the biologics license application (BLA) submitted by
BioNTech Manufacturing GmbH for COMIRNATY (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA) for active
immunization to prevent COVID-19 caused by SARS-CoV-2 in individuals 16 years of age and
older. On August 23, 2021, having concluded that revising this EUA is appropriate to protect the public
health or safety under section 564(g)(2) of the Act, FDA is reissuing the August 12, 2021 letter
of authorization in its entirety with revisions incorporated to clarify that the EUA will remain in
place for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for the previously-authorized indication and
uses, and to authorize use of COMIRNATY (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA) under this EUA for
certain uses that are not included in the approved BLA."

It really cant be any more clear. Its right there in the authorization letter. I dont give a f*ck what fox news says.

(09-16-2021, 08:50 PM)Rob Tucker Wrote: I kind of suspect that our local street side vax protectors are refugees from the PGV protestors.  Pele, quite interestingly, bypassed PGV on her destructive march to the sea implying, at least to me, that our goddess of the volcanoes had no animosity to geothermal power.
(Pele didn't take the post office or the Malama shopping center or the transfer station either!)  I think street side vax protestors don't have anything else constructive to do with their lives and are seeking attention, like a bunch of kids.  Weren't they vaccinated for the childhood killers like diptheria, lockjaw, whooping cough, polio, measles, smallpox, etc? What's the difference?
"Instead, I'm hopeful that casual viewers (to the extent there are any)"

If a casual viewer wades through 37 pages of this I think we need to revoke their casual viewer card.
The entire "argument" would be simplified if we just admit that the battle is lost and COVID is endemic, something to be mitigated, not controlled.