Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Depot/Amazon/etc free shipping deals
Ordered yesterday. Shipped today FedEx 2 day today. Yikes.

Says the solar charger to be used with specific solar panels they sell. Probably not the only option, unless there is a proprietary connection to be McGyvered.

There is a review that tested sine wave. Pure. Oops, terracore said that…

Not returnable with hazmat excuse. Might make it hard if it isn’t functioning well.

I have ordered one of these power stations, different brand but similar to the smaller DJI spec wise, from Walmart with free shipping when Amazon wouldn’t ship it. It puts out while being charged, so I have old (replaced) but large 12v battery from household solar system (charged from 12v 100 watt panel, with appropriate charge controller, connected to power station, vastly increasing watt hours available) as juice for shipping container poker room. Certainly not used daily, but works like a charm, if not overkill. And there are other uses for the poker room…

Obie, did you try to buy it and Amazon said no shipping to Hawaii, or just coming from that they won’t ship any lithium battery containing stuff in recent history…?

Cheers,
Kirt
Mine shipped via FedEx as well. I wish I had shipped it to my house rather than the USPS "street address" where UPS lets me redirect but FedEx... I haven't figured that one out yet. I should have known, they shipped my drone via FedEx.
I called our local FedEx and gave them my street address and PO Box #. They will actually cross reference it and deliver it to your house if it's addressed to your PO Box. It was a while ago, but I'm pretty sure the number is 808 969 4980

Of course, the hard part is getting the merchant to accept the PO Box as the address.
Seems everyone has been going to USPS valid address databases lately, which completely screws us rural folks. I set up a freight forwarder in Oregon to work around it, and then *that* address got flagged as suspicious, and my orders cancelled... This is the future: one size fits all, even if it doesn't. Go cry to the chatbot.
If you need a USPS forwarder you can use this outfit:

https://www.deliver2alaska.com/

While they advertise it's for Alaska I contacted them and they offer the same service to Hawaii, PR, Guam, etc.
Cancel that order terracore!  This one has wheels.  https://www.costco.com/ecoflow-delta-pro...54681.html
If only my budget could afford wheels!
(05-30-2024, 07:23 PM)terracore Wrote: If only my budget could afford wheels!
Evidently, it's possible to connect that to an automatic transfer switch and hard wire it to your house. From what I'm reading, it seems like it can basically serve as a half price Tesla wall substitute.
So far the DJI power supply has exceeded my expectations.

I didn't expect that a 2200W power supply would start and run our catchment pump, but the 20 amp AC receptacles made me wonder... maybe?

It starts and runs the pump no problem.

(edit- I didn't realize until after I typed this that although it's not in the "specs" the advertising does mention a 4,400 watt surge capability, so I shouldn't be surprised about the catchment tank afterall.)

I don't have an oscilloscope but our microwave makes a distinctive sound when run on a MSW versus a PSW, so I did the "microwave test" and confirmed other reviews that it is indeed a pure sine wave output.

One of the features is the charging from AC power is user selectable 600 or 1200 watt. So it can be charged with a tiny (quiet) inverter gas generator or a small solar inverter but can be used to run appliances much larger than what the generator / inverter could handle.

But most importantly: it can run the Keurig.
Nice!