Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Activating Revitalization
(10-20-2022, 05:31 AM)MyManao Wrote: But to go over the same old bs, to bitch over and over, to attack folk unprovoked, who the f*ck do you think you are?

You brought me into the discussion after bringing up old stuff regarding our posts. I wouldn't have said anything if you hadn't done that. You opened the door.
@ Obie  "That the county allowed swimming a boat ramp is a joke."

I'm guessing you didn't swim down there.  This comment is a joke.

@ RandomQ  "It's not like it was a big deal to notice a boat coming and swim to the side for a bit. We're not talking about a major seaport. I miss swimming at Pohoiki and watching friends surf."

amen. 
 Still unable to fill that hole in my life.  Still swimming in other places but they don't compare to the pristine, warm clean water and charm of what Pohoiki used to be prior to the 2018 eruption.
"Warm clean waters."
These warm clean waters used to test off scale for ecoli and fecal coliform due to all of the dirty diapers.

This photo with this article explains the insanity. How is a boat supposed to get through that ?

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/3484...boat-ramp/
Wow, never saw it that busy! It was nice to see the old days again though, thanks for that.

A park like Onekahakaha or Carlsmith would be really appreciated in Puna... Maybe some of that recovery money can be diverted from the Hilo golf course!
"Warm clean waters."

"These warm clean waters used to test off scale for ecoli and fecal coliform due to all of the dirty diapers."

Really Obie?  Wow okay. That's news to me.  I guess I learned something?  That open ocean water tested off the scale for E. coli bacteria?  Not talking about any enclosed geothermally heated ponds here, its the open ocean.  That bacteria can thrive in the salinity of ocean water?  What dirty diapers?  I went there several times a week and not once did I see pollution like diapers in the water or anything like that.  That water seemed really clean to me and there was only one house nearby.  The park bathroom was far away.  Compare that to Hilo and a beach like Onekahkaha or Richardsons.  Much closer to businesses, houses and condos.  Are they off the charts with E. Coli too?  The only thing I thought might cause pollution there was possibly a leaky diesel boat engine.  
I would offer proof but they quit testing after 2018 for some reason.

The most polluted spot in the entire state last week was Honolii Cove. I believe that would be considered open ocean.
The 453 is enterococci which is an indicator for fecal coliform.

NM10172205 001110 Honolii Cove (Ocean) Hawaii-Hilo 10/17/2022 12:15 PM 453 0008 Sunny, small surf, the tide is going down, and a lot of surfers (15+).
Well that's shitty. I guess we've all been too cocky about enteroing the water!
Obie Wrote:The most polluted spot in the entire state last week was Honolii Cove.
Probably from ag runoff from fertilizer, cow poo and also pig poo from the pigs running in the woods and gullies.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
(10-21-2022, 05:06 PM)Or1on Wrote: @ Obie  "That the county allowed swimming a boat ramp is a joke."

I'm guessing you didn't swim down there.  This comment is a joke.

@ RandomQ  "It's not like it was a big deal to notice a boat coming and swim to the side for a bit. We're not talking about a major seaport. I miss swimming at Pohoiki and watching friends surf."

amen. 
 Still unable to fill that hole in my life.  Still swimming in other places but they don't compare to the pristine, warm clean water and charm of what Pohoiki used to be prior to the 2018 eruption.
Yep.  Totally agreed!  The best swimming ever.  We need something like it back!  Yesterday!   It would help the Puna economy a lot.

Ccat
(10-21-2022, 06:12 PM)Obie Wrote: These warm clean waters used to test off scale for ecoli and fecal coliform due to all of the dirty diapers.

I don't see why that would bother anyone from Kapoho. For goodness sake, they had some of the best e. coli around. Stinky too. Yep, those folks thought their 'second pukas' were da kine. At least that's the impression one got when attending their 'pool' parties.. LOL!