Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Santa's Workshop at Pahoa Elementary is ended
Mahalo to all who contributed to the workshop. Your generous donations are much appreciated. This workshop has helped the children in our community with gifts during the season of giving. The children receive a gift during our family event in December.
A big Mahalo to Rob who has generous given his time, support and dedication to this great cause. Again, thank you!!

I'll see your $1600.00 and raise it by $1600.00 !

Merry Christmas !
obie wrote:

"I'll see your $1600.00 and raise it by $1600.00 !

Merry Christmas !
"

I'm stunned. Wow! Seriously?
Seriously. I'm stunned too. It just came in to the Paypal account.

Obie, I don't know if mahalo is sufficient. You have made Punaweb history and legend status.

Wow.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Ditto WOW! Smiles and a light heart on this Sunday morning.

Mahalo, Obie, and all who are a part of Rob's Santa.
As a young child, I lived on a farm with an extended family which included my grandparents, parents and an uncle. On Christmas Eve my mother would sit with my sisters and I as we talked, and drank hot chocolate, and wondered when Santa would arrive. Then, one of us would hear in the distance the sound of jingle bells* which grew louder and louder, until a booming THUMP, then the sound of footsteps** emanated across the rooftop as Santa and his reindeer carefully tried to gain a foothold near the chimney.

From behind a closed door to the living room, we could hear rustling, and elves feet,*** and what sounded like various objects large and small being dragged back and forth across the floor for several minutes. When the living room door finally opened, inside was a fully decorated, glowing Christmas Tree with presents all around it's base. I'll always remember Christmas in that old farmhouse so long ago.

Obie, thanks to your exceptionally generous gift last night, many, many children at Pahoa Elementary School will never forget their Christmas this year. Of that you can be sure.

* From the family's by then disused horse drawn sleigh
** My uncle
*** My father and grandparents in slippers

Something is wrong, I know it, if I don't keep my attention on eternity. Mary Oliver
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Thank you Obie!
Obie - last night I couldn't quite believe what I read. I'm still stunned but have to say thank you for a wonderful donation. Christmas is about children and generosity, and you've ticked off both of those with such a generous gift. Frankly, I'm in awe.
Aloha Obie:

Mahalo for your generous donation. Mahalo for opening your Big heart for the children. So amazing....

quote:
Originally posted by Obie

I'll see your $1600.00 and raise it by $1600.00 !

Merry Christmas !

Mahalo for the kind words !