Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kazumura Cave
Alright, let me just say it again. I am not doing the tours. I have heard of what is happening to this cave, and am trying to draw attention to preserving it and educating people about what is going to be lost. I honestly don't think you guys are aware. I mean do you know about a possible highway bypass? How it will REQUIRE that a large section of this cave to be back filled? What about the guy who put a Cessna airplane down there and professional DJ equipment so that they can throw raves underground? This is what I have heard from locals down in Puna right now, with plenty of aloha aina. Cesspits in the tubes. Dumps in the tubes... You've got people right here on this thread, talking about how they had friends get drunk and play with skulls in the caves... How can you sit there and tell me that the ancient Hawaiians would think what I am doing is some sort of sacrilege?

I am a business dude. I am young and spry, and I can bounce back from whatever life throws at me. I have the backing of the locals, who matter in this sense, and with THEIR blessing, I will proceed. You think a food truck business is going to stop me then you're wrong. I feel the aloha aina here where I live now, and have worked in the past in conservation. I want to bring that love down there to you. Would you rather I strip it down to lava rock and build a mansion? What do you expect from a haole these days? It seems to me, that the more attention is drawn to this issue, and the artifacts down there, then the more it will benefit it. Also I don't "know better" than you guys. I am on the phone for hours each day speaking with local people about certain specific things, which will help me in my mission. I don't want to convince you, or even care really. My original question was what would native Hawaiians think about more people in the caves, for cultural education.
There's no such thing as "The" Hawaiians, so answers will vary depending who you ask. Culture-education-respect is a pretty good start though.

The island will chew you up and spit you out if you're not supposed to be here. Keep an exit strategy open at all times.

Good luck.
(10-06-2020, 02:26 AM)kalakoa Wrote: There's no such thing as "The" Hawaiians, so answers will vary depending who you ask. Culture-education-respect is a pretty good start though.

The island will chew you up and spit you out if you're not supposed to be here. Keep an exit strategy open at all times.

Good luck.

That's what I hear. I'm getting help from the coconut wireless. I already said I don't need a job, or money, and I always have a few back up plans. Thanks for the advice.