Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Puna Makai Route “Soon”
(01-27-2024, 12:03 AM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: Aye, thatʻs the rub.

If only DHHL had land that stretched from Hilo to Pahoa.  They’d already have built a 6 lane toll road with curbs, sidewalks, and fiber optic cable that has wireless connectivity the entire route.  And a DHHL Streaming service.  Tax free cigarette stands along the road, and a couple of Uncle Robert’s franchise locations.

What, no weigh station?
Bill 131 by Councilwoman Kierkiewicz for a PMAR route study:

https://records.hawaiicounty.gov/WebLink...Page1.aspx
The County Council voted 8-0 (1 excused) to forward Bill 131 to full council with a positive recommendation. The first reading is on February 21st and the second reading is on March 6th.

https://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2024/...y-council/

"Two weeks after the Hawaiʻi County Council failed to advance a measure that would have initiated a Puna Makai Alternate Route study", the local lawmakers were back considering a different bill on Tuesday."

The amusing part is Council Chair Kimball made this comment to the Hawaii Tribune - Herald

“The council did what we were supposed to do, which is to legislate carefully and cautiously,” Kimball said. “People have called us a ‘clown show,’ but this council is very cautious. Bill 107 was flawed, it came to us flawed.”

I made a reference to the council being clown show in one of my testimonies to the council pertaining to the acceptance of this funding.
I made a reference to the council being clown show in one of my testimonies

Considering, that’s probably more of a compliment.
(02-08-2024, 07:55 PM)AaronS Wrote: I made a reference to the council being clown show..

I get it, you're more into dictators. I know, it makes it so much easier, doesn't it? Just do it your way and forget about the rest of us..
forget about the rest of us..

Don’t you live in Volcano?
How exactly would an alternate Puna route affect you? No matter where it’s located?
Read back through the earlier comments, there are ways to avoid DHHL land, and the earlier version of the bill said they would not consider routing it through DHHL property.  Are we against roads in general, on non-existant principle now?
(02-08-2024, 08:36 PM)MyManao Wrote:
(02-08-2024, 07:55 PM)AaronS Wrote: I made a reference to the council being clown show..

I get it, you're more into dictators. I know, it makes it so much easier, doesn't it? Just do it your way and forget about the rest of us..

Sorry, but your straw man argument doesn’t hold water. 

If Hawaii Island was a dictatorship, we would have PMAR, TMT and most likely Waste to Energy. 

But then again, one could argue that the “dictatorship” prevented all of those from becoming a reality.
“A functioning, robust democracy requires a healthy, educated, participatory followership, and an educated, morally grounded leadership.” - Chinua Achebe
NEVER!
leave the Shipman property alone tards..u kooks chose to live HPP etc.
LIVE w/it
we will ALWAYS fight this Hard!
https://bigislandnow.com/2024/03/07/hawa...tes-study/

The Hawai‘i County Council on Wednesday voted 8-0, with Kaʻū Councilwoman Michelle Galimba absent, to adopt Bill 131 by approving its second and final reading. The measure provides $2 million for the Hawai‘i County Department of Public Works to complete a Puna Alternate Routes Study.
Thanks AaronS.
From the link, a potential timeline:

Now that the funding is in place, it should take about 3 to 4 months for Public Works to bring a professional consultant on board and work out details of the study’s scope, which will look at all of Puna for possible alternate routes instead of just a portion of the district as proposed in the previous measure.

Public Works Director Steve Pause said during a past Council meeting that it will take another 12 to 18 months, which include additional engagement with the public and stakeholders after a consultant is hired before the study is completed and any potential infrastructure projects could be proposed.