Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman's body found off Kalapana
Jackson, if you recall, this forum topic is about a gruesome murder in Kalapana, not sharing stories of eating mangoes on the beach. I understand you wish only the "attractive" side of Kalapana to be discussed, but once again, this is a forum about a murder. My post was aimed at replying a post that was above yours, and relevant to the ongoing discussion. Stop telling people to hush when they are discussing pertinent opinions and speculations.
your choice
Very bad attitude!
Several commentators seem determined to shut off any further comment on this thread. Certainly it is a sad and tragic story. And the recent HPD press conference indicates that there is solid evidence showing that Bo killed Brittany. However to date neither the grand jury evidence nor the suicide note have been released to the public. Therefore one can hardly fault those who still have questions.
The unsealed file is now posted on http://hawaiicorruption.wordpress.com/brittany-bo/ As I stated earlier, the file has very limited information. However, the last 2 pages are the court minutes and they make me wonder what happened on the GJ.

It appears "evidence" was presented on 12/18/13 that Bo "must have had help in getting off Island; suspect's father brought large boat; video indicating that deft able to get thru security at airport;". 3 weeks later Bo is found and the new "evidence" indicates Bo committed suicide within a day or two after the murder. So, right now, the GJ presentation and reality appear to be contradictory.

Whether you believe Bo to be the perpetrator or not, the larger issue is that this case was not “solved” through police work, but rather a chance occurrence by a hiker. If Bo had not been found then eventually the indictment would have been unsealed and presented as the gospel. It is obvious from this forum that the community is divided on the competence or trustworthiness of our local police and prosecutors. It is also obvious that this community questioning is well deserved.

On January 10, Ted Royal astutely posted on here that “Soon the Royal's and Johnson's will go away. You will have to make your region one of cooperation or mistrust.” “I hope you get together and begin to somehow work a way to communicate with the authorities. I know a lot of them. They are good people. But it works both ways. You trashing them wont make your cause any easier to deal with. Reach out. Let the past be the past. Focus on making a better future.”

The cloud that currently hangs over Kalapana will not be lifted without community involvement and local law enforcement has no incentive to change on its own. Are we going to let three more young lives fade into the “Kalapana cloud” until the next event (and there will be a next one) and then add the names of Brittany and Bo to the liturgy list of Dana Ireland, Dawn Gambsky…. When does the list become too long for this collective community to do as Mr. Royal said and create a region of cooperation and, more importantly, accountability?

The exposure created by Tiffany Edwards, this forum, and then national news are largely responsible for the respect the Royal family seems to feel they received from our local authorities. That is not the typical response of local crime victims, some of whom have posted on here. http://punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15483, http://punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16217, http://punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17401, http://punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14921. I’ve stated on here before that no one person can make the needed changes, it will take a group. When do we unite?

HawaiiCorruption.wordpress.com
Bringing Justice to the Islands
HawaiiCorruption.wordpress.com
Bringing Justice to the Islands
I was hoping the grand jury indictment would be released already. Has anyone called to find out if it was released yesterday?

Edit: Nevermind. Someone just uploaded it
I will just say this regarding the relative behavior of the families of the victim and her unborn child and of the perpetrator: the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.
Kelena,
I think you are going out of your way to troll here. I have short patience with trolls and can find no other explanation for the post you just made. Explain yourself quickly and make sense you you will find yourself on a read only basis here.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
That's fine. Make it so if you so desire, in which case I leave you to the conspiratorial theorists, people who want to know if women can go topless in Puna and the rest. The family of Boaz Johnson came to the island and spent most of their time, quite oddly, in Kona and snarled here about police surveillance of them there in Kona ---Kona where the crime did not occur.

The family of Brittany-Jane Royal sought answers and moved heaven and earth to get those answers.

True. Very true