Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TMT Work to Resume Says Ige!
quote:
Originally posted by gypsy69

Aaron thanks for the clarification. Read somewhere that some of that NSF funding was spent on the planning and technology side in constructing this project? This process of ignoring or side stepping the many environmental concerns hasn't worked out to well in the past.

If that was case, it still wouldn't trigger a need for a Section 106 consultation for this project. The funding has to be used to physically construct this facility. Then it would trigger the Section 106 consultation process.

FEA for the Keck Outrigger Telescope project:
http://oeqc.doh.hawaii.gov/Shared%20Docu...SCOPES.pdf
that's a bus up Mauna kea every hour, 24 hrs per day every day of the year gyspy69...i'm not following
HOTPE - I suspect your assumptions about the secret observatories is correct, but I'm glad you didn't mention the super-secret facility where we keep the shot-down UFOs. No one is supposed to know about that place. We're sworn to secrecy.
No one is supposed to know about that place. We're sworn to secrecy.

Don't worry I won't tell a soul. If word got out we'd have 2 million, maybe 3 million visitors a year driving up the mountain hoping to find that saucer. And nobody would get any work done with the throngs of tourists wandering around, banging on doors, hoping for a peek.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Anyone ever wonder if the simple explanation is that gypsy is a troll? A twisted psyche who enjoys Baiting and who has the capacity to occasionally offer just a glimmer of rationality such that, despite the inevitable moronic statements, reasonable people continue to engage with him?
Occams Razor at work here gents and ladies.... Gypsy, a defense?
I don't think gypsy69 is a troll. For me, the evidence doesn't support that conclusion, but can't rule it out of course. Normally the best way to treat a troll is with silence, but in this case, no matter if he's a troll or as genuinely moronic as his posts suggest, an awful lot of effort and time goes into them, despite the fact they are generally unreadable. I don't think a troll would go to that extent hence that's part of my reasoning.

Right now, I suspect quick one-line posts questioning the most ridiculous claim in his posts is the way to go. It only takes a few seconds to do (the nonsense generally is near the beginning of his posts and then leads onto the indecipherable bits) and requires much more time for gypsy to respond.

On the other hand, look at gypsy's posts as enabling HOTPE's wonderful posts. I look forward to those every day.
Wonder how President Obama feels about this TMT project, or it being built in his home state of Hawaii?
Just a few TMT project concerns here...Ms. Clinton accused China recently for stealing and hacking sensitive information, yet China is a big partner(25%) in this controversial TMT project Did China pay big money(how much?) to be a partner in this TMT project? Or did China's partnership come in the form of an American pay back? Sure hope our american government did not sell or trade Hawaiian ceded land to China for past debt. China may want to use its allotted TMT time for future military purposes, would that be possible or acceptable?

Other military involvement concerns here.
Could America or China gain data from the TMT technologies( lenses, seeing eye, mirrors, data feedback, ect) to help shoot down satilites, missiles, or UFO's with better accuracy? The lasers and light technologies may gather data to locate, track, or target such things in the near future, for countries like China or India? Really Don't want to see our Maunakea become a silent military partner, or strategic target someday.
TomK, I know you have been sworn to secrecy, dont eat at the TMT decision table, and you also have a couple decades of PAID experience dealing with folks like myself in similar situations. So I await your professional reply to my continued possible military concerns over the TMT project here in my home state. Mahalo for your often underappreciated dedication and patients.

Then again, maybe I'm wrong and he really is a troll.
Where is the 'like' button on PW?
Leilani Estates, 2011 to Present
What's a 'like' button? All of us under control from the Chinese government only have an 'agree' button, and that only appears under certain posts. The reason is that we c.. Sorry, have to go, there's a target in sight. Looks to be a big bugger as well, probably hid in Guillermo until just now. It's got flashy lights an' all.