Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TMT Work to Resume Says Ige!
aloha Beegee !

quote:
Originally posted by gypsy69

http://hawaiiindependent.net/story/the-o...-in-hawaii

Good reading material for those who have the time. The continued animosity, hate, or disrespect towards the Hawaiians or protectors of maunakea unfortunately continues. God bless Jojo Henderson and his many followers who should be allowed to rebuild another Ahu in the old Ahu's place,jmo.

Disrespect is a two way street, and I long for the day when Hawaiians are treated like those of any other race in Hawaii. You think there is complaining now, imagine if you actually had to follow all the rules everyone else did.
Why is that when ANY non-white group, in this case those claiming some percentage of native Hawaiian blood, assert their rights as a special population, it is generally regarded as a positive, a remedy for past misdoings, a cultural awakening, blah blah blah? Yet even the smallest push back directed against this group's assertions and demands, many of which are blatantly racist in nature, is met with overwhelming condemnation as itself being racist.

Culture is fine, I'm all for anyone expressing their personal beliefs in any way, shape or form. Well mostly, I think cannibalism is pretty much outWink It is only when others personal beliefs begin to infringe on my rights, that there is a problem. There are maybe a dozen or so well represented cultures here on the islands. Singling out one for special treatment, as can be witnessed by anyone who has a bit of grey matter between the ears, is a recipe for disaster.
Culture is fine, I'm all for anyone expressing their personal beliefs in any way, shape or form.

Litmus test: does that include marijuana and/or firearms?

Yes, as long as it is done without harm to another.
Spot on above, windplr. The disturbing double standard of some of these bandwagon ideas based on race can be astounding at times.
Pushing the edge of "on-topic", but ... seems that sovereignty might not be so great, if the Feds can keep changing the rules.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree...st-save-it
Interesting article in the tribe today.

The protesters are blowing it. And the one good thing we have going for us on Hawaii island is in jeopardy. Be careful what you wish for.

The TMT is to further science and education and Hawaii's Keiki will not be aided by this foolish insolence- protesters. Do you want to send your kids back to the stone age? Keep them on Govt assistance for the rest of their lives? Well congrats. You may have pulled that off.

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/news...kea-can-be
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
The science on the mountain is certainly authentic. Though I can't be nearly so confident about the authenticity of much of the "culture" which has been paraded around by activist protectors.
TMT is to further science and education

If they have any money left after getting their permits sorted...