Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP road maintainence
Please refer to HPP Mailbox thread for info on road maint via GM report Feb 2016. He spoke about both topics.

If anyone goes to the meeting Monday morning can you tell us what happened? Any chance they shut down the mailbox and chip seal and get back to the roads? I asked them to fix my road 5 months ago after nothing for more than a year.
Reminder special board mtg tomorrow 6 Feb 2017 @ 9 AM in the library.

Mailboxes and chip seal is on the agenda.

Personnel and Legal matters for executive session.
quote:
Originally posted by islandlvng

Not paying fees this year. Started documenting my road with pictures and videos taking measurements of our craters. First time in 10 years I will not be paying. When you can see different layers on your way to the bottom of a 6-8 inch deep by 4 foot hole in your road, something is wrong. I will contribute in anyway I can to let these fcks know people aren't going to just open up their pocketbooks for bullsht anymore.

Fine me, try to take my property, whatever. 4 months and road hasn't been touched. Fk em.

We are not paying either on 4 lots this year( first time in eons!). My sons are thinking about witholding payment as well. One of them lives on two lots on an dead end, had it not being he has a 4x4 he would have moved out already, his road is the pits and he is the only doing some basic work on the road. Let the chips fall where they may. I am totally saturated with the board, the bylaws and the darned roads, specially with the arrogant idiotic manager. On one road the neighbors have recorded over 100 hours of maintenance last year plus gas, equipment maintainance, parts, rock, and cement. Some folks here keep trying to reinvent the wheel, if you pay attention to all that shait not even Columbus would have dared to cross the ocean. This situation exists because people don't dare to imagine they can. I had no idea that some well intended folks actually paid a lawyer that rejected them?lol! That was pathetic to read! Some others rather sulk and pretend that if we carry on with the status quo, by some miracle of the Virgin, things will change. Shake it up for crying out loud. Look, some may say: well John you are in the deep end with the fees, no wonder you want to stir up the pot...well, I am not, actually I cant wait for this bunch of morons to try to attach my property. You lot can be the sheep or take control, I will do what I need to do and I will not count on anyone. Anndd, they can stick the mailboxes where the sun dont shine. Enough said.

jdo
jdo
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

dissolution or replacement from the ground up with appointed outside directors

There is one other option provided by HCC: create a "special improvement district" which effectively puts County in charge of collecting payments via property tax rider, with said money to be spent on designated improvements.

I almost hate to say it, but I'm not sure County could do any worse than HPPOA.

What do you know about this?
jdo
What do you know about this?

Only what's declared in Chapter 32 of the HCC:

Section 32-7. Types of special improvements.

A district may be established to finance the purchase, construction, installation, expansion, improvement or rehabilitation of any real or other tangible property with a useful life estimated by the council to be five years or longer. Special improvements may be privately owned if the council determines that they serve a public purpose. Special improvements need not be physically located within the district.

Examples of special improvements which may be financed by a district include, but
are not limited to, the following:
(a) Streets, roads, highways, pedestrian malls, sidewalks or alleyways, including but not limited to, grading, paving or otherwise improving the foregoing.

Basically, petition for the creation of the district (HCC 32-19), then stipulate how the improvments will be paid for (HCC 32-20), publish a hearing notice (HCC 32-22), write an ordinance (HCC 32-29), levy a special tax to pay for it (HCC 32-32) secured by lien against the properties involved (HCC 32-32©).

Less clear: will County be more accountable than HPPOA, and would the SID allow County crews/equipment to build/maintain roads. Chapter 32 is there for a reason, either nobody has thought to take this route, or someone tried and it was a spectacular fail.

You can all go back to arguing amongst yourselves now.
quote:
Originally posted by Johnd

[quote]Originally posted by islandlvng

Not paying fees this year. Started documenting my road with pictures and videos taking measurements of our craters. First time in 10 years I will not be paying. When you can see different layers on your way to the bottom of a 6-8 inch deep by 4 foot hole in your road, something is wrong. I will contribute in anyway I can to let these fcks know people aren't going to just open up their pocketbooks for bullsht anymore.

Fine me, try to take my property, whatever. 4 months and road hasn't been touched. Fk em.

We are not paying either on 4 lots this year( first time in eons!). My sons are thinking about witholding payment as well. One of them lives on two lots on an dead end, had it not being he has a 4x4 he would have moved out already, his road is the pits and he is the only doing some basic work on the road. Let the chips fall where they may. I am totally saturated with the board, the bylaws and the darned roads, specially with the arrogant idiotic manager. On one road the neighbors have recorded over 100 hours of maintenance last year plus gas, equipment maintainance, parts, rock, and cement. Some folks here keep trying to reinvent the wheel, if you pay attention to all that shait not even Columbus would have dared to cross the ocean. This situation exists because people don't dare to imagine they can. I had no idea that some well intended folks actually paid a lawyer that rejected them?lol! That was pathetic to read! Some others rather sulk and pretend that if we carry on with the status quo, by some miracle of the Virgin, things will change. Shake it up for crying out loud. Look, some may say: well John you are in the deep end with the fees, no wonder you want to stir up the pot...well, I am not, actually I cant wait for this bunch of morons to try to attach my property. You lot can be the sheep or take control, I will do what I need to do and I will not count on anyone. Anndd, they can stick the mailboxes where the sun dont shine. Enough said.

jdo

Ae Kemosabe we will ride again against those community associations and board of directors in Puna who speak with forked tongue and put no rock in the holes but take our wampum.

We will tilt the windmills till we can tilt no more.

Say about that raise you promised me Kemosabe. I need it for road fees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFWdt0q0yMU
Slow Walker
Vote in Legislature TODAY regarding Homeowner's Associations. Submit your testimony. It's due before 9 am. This is our chance to get some help!

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/measure_indiv.aspx?billtype=HB&billnumber=1308&year=2017
There is a vote in the Legislature today, 9 am, to create an Agency in Commerce and Consumer Affairs to make Homeowners Associations accountable!. submit your testimony:

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/measure_indiv.aspx?billtype=HB&billnumber=1308&year=2017
I wonder if this will affect HPP, Orchidland, et al, since these are not "Homeowners Associations" under the law.