Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP road maintainence
Haven't heard why Randi Larzalere and Jo Maynard resigned leo...some are joking that reps are jumping the sinking SS HPP...

The man who was your rep is a kind and professional person and I was sorry to see him resign. He was one of the best things that happened to the board. Then the bullying and deposing of the former pres before Randi Larzalere, and his subsequent resignation and following that, the deposing and ousting of another professional rep, former treasurer and secretary. All those unethical maneuvers only for Larzalere and Maynard to end up resigning...unfortunate for us the chain of events was backwards. IMHO, if the 3 men were still active on the board, we'd have a decent board.

Road fees due soon... no bookkeeper in the office last I heard. Some people are sending in mailbox $$ along w/their road fees. Who's posting and separating these payments?
Road fees due soon... no bookkeeper in the office last I heard. Some people are sending in mailbox $$ along w/their road fees. Who's posting and separating these payments?

The due date is near. This would be the first time not paying our road fees. They haven't gotten to our road for 2 years. I'm pissed and I don't want to fund their chip seal agenda anymore which I know is the core reason my road looks like this. We won't pay any money towards the mailbox agenda either. People are saying it's against our bylaws any ways. I think it's very risky for anyone to be paying for mailboxes until this is all sorted out and they have a long way to go.

Leo writes,
"This would be the first time not paying our road fees. They haven't gotten to our road for 2 years. I'm pissed and I don't want to fund their chip seal agenda anymore which I know is the core reason my road looks like this. We won't pay any money towards the mailbox agenda either"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They haven't gotten to our road in years either. We mow our own easements and have in the past filled pot holes... but they are back.
The way I view things leo, our ownership makes us legally bound to pay the road assessment but certainly not for mail boxes.
On a side note here, my husband has noticed there is a correlation between vegetation overhang
onto our road and the formulation of pot holes on the road surface below the overgrowth.
Maybe it does not account for all the potholes but could trimming the overhang save us all some grief? Has anyone else noticed that?
our ownership makes us legally bound to pay the road assessment

...which is then "legally bound" to pay for "road maintenance", right?

One hopes it is spent on "road maintenance", but there is little evidence to support that hope.

One hopes it is spent on "road maintenance"

Because this is a "legal requirement", right?

Nobody would ever violate those important "rules and laws", they're "for everyone (who owns in HPP)", right?
quote:
Originally posted by reni

Leo writes,
"This would be the first time not paying our road fees. They haven't gotten to our road for 2 years. I'm pissed and I don't want to fund their chip seal agenda anymore which I know is the core reason my road looks like this. We won't pay any money towards the mailbox agenda either"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They haven't gotten to our road in years either. We mow our own easements and have in the past filled pot holes... but they are back.
The way I view things leo, our ownership makes us legally bound to pay the road assessment but certainly not for mail boxes.
On a side note here, my husband has noticed there is a correlation between vegetation overhang
onto our road and the formulation of pot holes on the road surface below the overgrowth.
Maybe it does not account for all the potholes but could trimming the overhang save us all some grief? Has anyone else noticed that?

Actually it's a double edged sword. The water drips off the over hanging trees and causes potholes.
Cut the trees back as was done across the Park in 2014 and the shade goes with them which holds in the moisture on the road material. Trust me.
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
Actually it's a double edged sword. The water drips off the over hanging trees and causes potholes.
Cut the trees back as was done across the Park in 2014 and the shade goes with them which holds in the moisture on the road material. Trust me.

this is what the bull left at the gate...hold moisture?? for maybe a day!

Your husband's right in his correlation of overhanging tree branches and potholes Reni. Combine that w/lack of road material = potholes and dusty roads. The base coarse they're using to fill potholes is just a band aid = $$$ down the toilet. It's rough traveling over areas where they've dumped that substandard stuff, esp biking or walking on it.

The current GM commented at a board mtg last yr, concerned over the liability of lot owners doing maint work in the association's easements including vertical growth = potential association liability...that means our liability.

L Rd is a good visual example of identifying what easements owners are taking care of vs undeveloped lots that the board and GM are neglecting. Being a paved road vehicles travel faster, and in much narrower lanes due to overgrowth. While biking, a large dump truck traveled down the middle of the road this morning and I barely had room between me and the dump truck...it was scary. While walking the other morning it was a pick up truck traveling fast down the middle of the road and same situation of not being able to get off the asphalt onto the easement bc of the overgrowth. We have a lot of dangerous situations around the park bc of their neglect, and we the membership will be liable....

I went and looked at the newly CS'd 26th between Paradise and Makuu...it was so thinly laid. You can see loose gravel where there's inadequate thickness of emulsion in many areas. There's chunks of it already missing. Not even a month old...might even be in the 2 wk old stage...?? What a huge waste...over $80,000's worth for one mile. Think how many roads they could've laid road material down with that $, OR how many roads could've been restriped by now...
Our road dust got leveled and rolled. No gravel added. They just leveled and packed the dust.