Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accidental Shooting in Ainaloa
An 18 year old woman unintentionally shot herself in the head Monday night in Ainaloa. She was flown to Honolulu where she died in the hospital. A tragic loss of a young life that could easily have been prevented.

Capt. Randall Medeiros of the Hilo Criminal Investigation Section said the fatal gunshot took place within a home on Weston Way in Puna’s Ainaloa subdivision. He said someone inside the house called police to report the victim had shot herself in the head.
https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/201...ng-victim/

On Tuesday night, 9/18/2018 Hawaii Senator Mazie Hirono had another message for the Republican senators on the Judiciary Committee “Just shut up and step up. Do the right thing.” She added in another related comment, “Bull$hit.”
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Yes, but not with "thoughts and prayers".
RIP

How does an 18 yr old accidentally shoot herself in the head?
Guns do not "accidentally" fire. Someone must pull the trigger with a loaded gun.There are just a few gun safety rules that, if followed there will be no accidents. Sorry that someone had to die by a gunshot. First rule, if you know nothing about firearms, do not touch them.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Tragic news about the young woman. Not trying to be argumentative but guns can and do accidentally fire. One friend of mine accidentally dropped one and was killed.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
First rule, if you know nothing about firearms, do not touch them get rid of the guns.

We can split that hair anyway we want to, but without a gun present it is 100% guaranteed nobody will be shot by a gun.
can split that hair anyway we want

Pronounced "threadjack".

without a gun present

The gun is merely a tool which "misbehaves" when "disrespected".
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker

Tragic news about the young woman. Not trying to be argumentative but guns can and do accidentally fire. One friend of mine accidentally dropped one and was killed.

Unless it's the Remington 700
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
The gun is merely a tool which "misbehaves" when "disrespected"

Given. But unfortunately there are so many ways that things can go south from there.

I am just pointing out that if a gun is not present it can not be fired. As soon as a gun is present the odds of something happening increase. Gun enthusiast can talk about safe keeping and good practices while those opposed to them can read off a litany of ways things can, and have, gone bad.

My heart sank reading the OP here. I have daughters, grand daughters, and a great one on the way.. a lot of ladies. Within a millisecond I imagined hearing that happened to one of mine, and maybe, just maybe I felt a sliver of what the girl's family is now enduring. It's mortifying. And while some would say it is callous to discuss gun rights verses controls at a moment when we are feeling that, still the fact remains, if a gun is not present it can not be fired.
Never point a gun at something you don't want to kill. Always handle it with respect. Doesn't matter if you think it is unloaded.

Of course, all the training in the world will not prevent all accidents. That's the cost and responsibility of freedom.