Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vaccine Rollout - State starts out with an 'F' but much improved, Big Island gets B+
... mixed messages...

Or mixed degrees of livability within Hawaii.  Some of it, based on criteria used by The Economist and low vaccination rates reported by the state poll for Pahoa, self imposed.
This week’s COVID cluster report, or how you can still contract the virus:

* In one case, 10 COVID cases were associated with a high school graduation party in May. Two attendees at the party who had been vaccinated did not test positive.

* Meanwhile, there were 46 cases linked to two COVID clusters at undisclosed places of worship in May.
Of 67 attendees at the two gatherings, 30 contracted COVID and 16 additional people were considered secondary cases. Three of those who tested positive required hospitalization.
The state said none of those at the two gatherings were vaccinated and people did not wear masks or socially distance.

https://health.hawaii.gov/coronavirusdis..._FINAL.pdf
If you received the Pzizer or Moderna vaccine there’s good news this morning, you may not need a booster, at least not anytime soon:

The vaccines made by Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna set off a persistent immune reaction in the body that may protect against the coronavirus for years, scientists reported on Monday.

The findings add to growing evidence that most people immunized with the mRNA vaccines may not need boosters, so long as the virus and its variants do not evolve much beyond their current forms — which is not guaranteed. People who recovered from Covid-19 before being vaccinated may not need boosters even if the virus does make a significant transformation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/28/healt...unity.html
Yeah, but my J&J came with coupons for band-aids and baby powder...

We've been going out and having fun since getting our shots, even caught a few movies in Hilo. At some point I might look to get the better shots, though, since I hear some people are still getting "long haul covid" with some nasty side effects...