Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says
For the sake of clarity - from a sample size of 44,000 of whom 13,000 were aged 18-49 of whom medical histories were available for only 3700, of whom 513 were not pregnant, smokers, or healthcare workers, of whom 74% were male.

As I stated previously this analysis is woefully inadequate. It ignores the other 31,000 outside of their preferred age range. It ignores 9,000 patients who did not have recorded medical histories. It then only considers a limited list of preexisiting conditions to arrive at a final number of 513 and somehow 74% of those being male is meant to be an important statistic?

Back to my previous inquiry - what were the underlying or preexisting conditions of the deceased covid patients in Hawaii?
preexisting conditions

Before COVID, pneumonia was an infection that could often lead to death for elderly patients with underlying conditions.  Their cause of death will be listed as pneumonia because that is what ultimately killed them.  

Would they have died if they hadn’t contracted pneumonia?  Probably not.  So it’s a leap to imagine that underlying conditions somehow make it an acceptable death if pneumonia or COVID pushes them over the edge.

You will quickly learn in a statistics class that 1 does not equal 1.31.  Or from any basic math course.  The only way these leaps of logic can be made (cause of death, what numbers mean) is by not understanding medical terminology which has been in use long before COVID, and how to interpret statistics.  Without that knowledge a person can come to almost any conclusion, and almost all of those conclusions will be incorrect.
There are no "acceptable deaths". There are
however acceptable risks and each individual has to make those decisions for themselves.

As far as 1 vs 1.31, we were talking about human deaths and .31 is not a whole person so I rounded down to 1 but I'd be fine with rounding up to 2. Either way the point is to get to a whole number that reflects a whole person.

As far as statistics go, we have lost 535 people to covid in a population of 1.46M which works out to 0.036%
(08-06-2021, 10:18 PM)AaronM Wrote: each individual has to make those decisions for themselves..

Sorry, brah, you missed the mark, entirely. Covid is a team sport.
(08-06-2021, 03:12 PM)AaronM Wrote: Numbers from Carey -

"A total of 131 new cases were identified on the Big Island Thursday"

"10% of this weeks reported will have been hospitalized & ~1% will have died)..."

For those without access to a calculator - that's 13 people hospitalized and less than one person dying

Aaron, yours was the post that initially made up a ʻpart of a personʻ in your incorrect math calculation. I have reminded you of that & you still hammer the facts :
1. that you have no concept of basic nor advanced math
2. you are willing to replay ed nauseam, the same information
3. you cannot do your own academic searches & continue to badger others to, & even change your target
Do the actual work & you will find that children, young adults & "mid" adults, with no known pre-existing, have succumbed tio SARS-COV-2, & with Lambda potential here... well... you wrap yourself in what ever assurances you need, but PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM OTHERS & if you feel sick, stay home until it passes!!!!
95% of the folks that think like you end up going to the hospital, which really is not fair to anyone else!
"Covid is a team sport."

Agreed. And the other team is not only those who will die or suffer long term effects but is also the need to eradicate the virus before it mutates into something worse. We've already seen the difference in contagion between the original virus and the delta variant. I don't think anyone wants to see what comes next.
Certainty will be the death of us.
There are however acceptable risks and each individual has to make those decisions for themselves.

There are also unacceptable risks taken by people whose faulty information leads them to make misinformed, incorrect and thereby dangerous decisions.
Especially if that faulty decision making leads to the unacceptable death of a person other than themselves who's exposed to their so called freedom of choice.
Many thanks to everyone for your attempts to convert me to the cult of covid. I remain unconvinced that something that has only killed 0.036% of the State is a grave danger. As far as plagues go, this one is not impressive.

Don't worry Carey, if I fall prey to the Delta variant I won't go to the hospital. I'll do what I did when I contracted covid last year - stay home and rest for a week, just like when I catch the seasonal flu.

Enjoy your so-called team sport, I will choose to remain a spectator.

(08-06-2021, 11:45 PM)kalianna Wrote: "Covid is a team sport."

Agreed.  And the other team is not only those who will die or suffer long term effects but is also the need to eradicate the virus before it mutates into something worse.  We've already seen the difference in contagion between the original virus and the delta variant.  I don't think anyone wants to see what comes next.

What comes next is Lambda which originated in Peru and is being introduced to the US by our new visitors from South and Central America.  

Unless we choose to intercept all people crossing our borders and quarantine or vaccinate them, Lambda and future variants will keep coming.
(08-07-2021, 08:13 PM)AaronM Wrote: Many thanks to everyone for your attempts to convert me to the cult of covid.  I remain unconvinced that something that has only killed 0.036% of the State is a grave danger.  As far as plagues go, this one is not impressive. 

Don't worry Carey, if I fall prey to the Delta variant I won't go to the hospital.  I'll do what I did when I contracted covid last year - stay home and rest for a week, just like when I catch the seasonal flu.

Enjoy your so-called team sport, I will choose to remain a spectator.

(08-06-2021, 11:45 PM)kalianna Wrote: "Covid is a team sport."

Agreed.  And the other team is not only those who will die or suffer long term effects but is also the need to eradicate the virus before it mutates into something worse.  We've already seen the difference in contagion between the original virus and the delta variant.  I don't think anyone wants to see what comes next.

What comes next is Lambda which originated in Peru and is being introduced to the US by our new visitors from South and Central America.  

Unless we choose to intercept all people crossing our borders and quarantine or vaccinate them, Lambda and future variants will keep coming.
You tested positive last year or just think you got it?  If the latter, it most likely wasn’t Covid unless you traveled out of state.
In any case, if/when your unvaccinated immune system encounters this virus, chances are excellent you’ll be fine if in good health. That’s my status, yet IMO it’s a no brainer to get vaccinated. Don’t want to take the chance of a bummer illness or pass it on to someone else. 
Yes, new variants will come along, thanks to so many unvaccinated people out there who aren’t in good health. In many countries people haven’t access to vaccines. This is not the case in US though. No excuse! It’s a “shake my head” situation.
Tested positive and had bad fever for about a week.

In addition to new variants being introduced by visitors from other countries, the CDC just reported that vaccinated people are now capable of carrying and transmitting the covid virus.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/coronav...536828ea1e