Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says
The problem with waiting out the bad ideas and falsehoods is that by the time the people who believe such nonsense realize they are wrong, it will be too late for the rest of us, ie climate change deniers and covid nuts. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a government conspiracy. Occam's razor has become decidedly dull in this "post-truth" era.
Certainty will be the death of us.
I myself have not yet had any of my family or acquaintances get diagnosed with Covid. I have not met anyone with covid or anyone whose opinion I trust who has. How then do I know that Covid even exists, much less is a threat? Same way I know that the earth is round and that we landed on the moon.

In this same way I know how bad it has been in India where some estimates of actual infection rates and death tolls are on the order of 10 times the reported rates. Sure, the news could be all a bunch of lies but why single Covid out to be skeptical about? I "know" how bad it is in countries without vaccination and proper public health measures. Pushing back against such measures when people who are infinitely our betters in such matters (like Fauci) lobby for them is absolute folly.
Good ideas stick bad ones go away.

Good idea: 2nd Road into Puna
Bad idea: excessive county government work force
Good idea: Costco in East Hawaii
Bad idea: rooster farms in fake agriculture zones 

These websites (bitchute, rumble etc) were created because any speech which is opposition to the ministry of truth is banned. 

What speech is banned?
Conspiracy websites are created because they generate clicks, which make money.  Often with information that is patently false.  
Good idea: 2nd Road into Puna

Better idea: endless discussion of a second road, studies, surveys, listening sessions.

"But the thread topic is vaccination" yeah well we already lost that one. It was a good idea though.
(08-09-2021, 11:17 PM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: What speech is banned?
Any MD or scientist that says anything different from the accepted dogma provided by the media and government sources, shutting down any discourse in the process.

Anyway, there are already 2 other roads out of puna. Railroad and National parks. Just cant use them.
Wonder how everyone would be if there was no vaccine, or it would have taken ten years to develop one.

At least we have a vaccine to argue about.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
The Pfizer vaccine may receive full approval in less than a month.  For anyone holding off because it’s experimental at this time, it’s designation will soon change:

But the F.D.A.’s unofficial deadline is Labor Day or sooner, according to multiple people familiar with the plan. The agency said in a statement that its leaders recognized that approval might inspire more public confidence and had “taken an all-hands-on-deck approach” to the work.

Giving final approval to the Pfizer vaccine — rather than relying on the emergency authorization granted late last year by the F.D.A. — could help increase inoculation rates at a moment when the highly transmissible Delta variant of the virus is sharply driving up the number of new cases.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/03/us/po...roval.html
AaronM, I think it is logical to question the number of deaths and wonder where we draw the line on reasonable and unreasonable restrictions to save those lives. But you've not responded to a couple questions here and I would really like to here your responses.

1. Even if it will "only" save a few hundred children's lives, or "potentially" prevent a more deadly variant, why not *choose* to wear a mask and get vaccinated?

2. Do you have a number in mind for deaths that would qualify as “extra deadly”? [The US is almost to 700,000 now, why is that not enough to justify taking the vaccine?]

I agree we will probably never get to 100%, but we can get far enough to drastically reduce the spread and mutation of this virus, which will undoubtedly save some lives. Seems like the right thing to do. At the same time, I generally agree we should no longer engage in lockdowns or restrictions besides masks, with the exception being if the hospitals are overrun and people with other illnesses are being impacted. Maybe if we all do our part it won't get that bad?
1) Why not? Because I choose not to.

2) Even if the US death toll was 1 million that would be 0.3% which is hardly a number deserving of the "extra deadly" designation. I would think that such a term would be reserved for a death toll in the 10% range.

Considering that the global death rate stands at 0.05%, the entire pandemic response has been nothing more than making a mountain out of a molehill.
(08-09-2021, 10:07 PM)kander Wrote:
(08-09-2021, 09:25 AM)TomK Wrote: SBH - be careful when it comes to bitchute. It's a conspiracy website that promotes nonsense such as chemtrails. I wouldn't trust anything posted on that site as being truthful.
[...]

Good ideas stick bad ones go away. lets not blame the printing press for allowing the ideas to be heard. A blanket statement is like saying, stay away from the library because there might be some works of fiction in it.

Please note I wrote "be careful" and not "stay away".