Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says
"Our whole society, every bit of our riches, our affluence, the whole thing, is build on vaccines." -MyManao

WTF? Really?
Why can't we have Ivermectin?
(08-17-2021, 04:55 AM)MyManao Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 04:38 AM)AaronM Wrote: Really?

The History Of Vaccines..

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/timeline/all

Have fun. 

And when you're done, if you want to continue to bitch, reread..

2/20/1905 U.S. Supreme Court Addresses Vaccination

The U.S. Supreme Court in the case of Jacobson v. Massachusetts upheld the constitutionality of mandatory smallpox vaccination programs to preserve the public health.
(08-17-2021, 05:54 AM)My 2 cents Wrote: Why can't we have Ivermectin?

You can have it all you want.  If you get worms.
I was expecting an answer like that.

Didn't think it would be coming from you though.
Interview with the LT Gov in which he discusses mandates (doesn't favor), shut downs (doesn't favor), vaccines (of course favors) and strategies to prevent hospitals from becoming overwhelmed with Covid patients. Worthwhile watching IMO. https://www.khon2.com/wake-up-2day/anoth...lizations/
Never forget that the Lt. Gov is a politician and a panderer. Sometimes he makes sense, but I always remind myself that his ambition is driving his positions at least as much as his medical expertise.
(08-17-2021, 02:50 AM)MarkP Wrote: Why is anyone responding to someone posting as "Ben Dover"?

I would not. I would treat Ben Dover the same way as Mr. I. P. Freely.

My modest proposal is this, ala Jonathan Swift, is this. We simply round up all the anti Covid twits  and the anti maskers  and put them in various compounds. Empty malls, warehouses, gymnasiums, etc, etc, and let them celebrate their "liberty" together, where they can jump around, in their Covidity with gay abandon and infect each other as is their want. Then, as we did when we interned Japanese Americans during World War Two, we could go ahead and confiscate all their possessions, their businesses , etc, etc. Hey, why not? We did it to Americans during that war. And, of course, as they spread the virus among their fellow Covid patriots, threy won't he taxing our ICU's in our hospitals, because, as they all believe, the virus is a hoax! Let them treat it that way in their trumpian/Qanon bliss. 
    Don"t get me wrong, I applaud the Governors of Florida and Texas for banning mask and vaccine mandates, which will most certainly kill off many trump followers.  But, I prefer my idea rather than killing them by banning guidelines by our medical experts in an attempt to save lives. The lives lost of the right in these red states may well offset the voter restriction laws and voter purges by the red state pin heads.
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Again and again I find this forum falling into the false notion that covid debates fall strictly along political party lines.

As comforting and as reassuring this idea may be it is still a fallacy and should be called out as such. This issue is not as black and white as some would have you believe.

From a Monmouth University study -

"Half (50%) of the public plans to get the Covid vaccine as soon as they are allowed. Those willing to be at the front of the line represent a majority of American adults when combined with the 6% who report already receiving the vaccine. Another 19% say they would prefer to let other people get it first to see how it goes. However, 24% say it is likely they will never get the vaccine if they can avoid it.

Democrats are most eager to get the vaccine as soon as possible (72% when combined with those who already got the vaccine) – much more so than independents (51%) and Republicans (39%). More than 4 in 10 Republicans (42%) say they will avoid ever getting the vaccine if they can, which is significantly higher than the number of independents (25%) and Democrats (10%) who feel the same."

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institu...us_020321/
Kind of looks like party lines to me.
Jon in Keaau/HPP