Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boogie Woogie pizza blues
Usually we order our pizza on the phone, but they didn’t answer the three times we tried. So thought we go in to town and see what was open. Boogie Woogie was actually open so we thought we’d order one. 
Said there would be a forty minute wait which was normal for them. Thought we’d walk around while waited, then went back and thought hang around the restaurant. After being there for thirty minutes I went to check on things and she told us the oven went down a while ago. 
We got our money back and left.

Pause…

I think because we wasted almost an hour of our time, we should have been offered SOMETHING besides a “sorry”. If I was them, I would have offered a discount on a future order.
I do understand bad things can happen, but it’s how you handle the problems that counts. 

We love to support local businesses, but maybe the local businesses can support the community with good communication and customer service.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
"Where else you gonna go?"
Shrug. Welcome to Puna.
Different business, same comments. We ordered a load of cinder soil from Puna Rock to be delivered between 11-11:30. I was away from my phone, checked my messages at 9:30. Driver had called at 9AM. His previous delivery had cancelled and he was on his way. I called them back right after I got the message and the office said the driver saw my husband out in the yard and said he never came out. Hubby was wearing ear buds at the time. This is still 1 1/2 hrs. before we were scheduled. Office said the driver refused to come back and was an independent contractor and there was nothing they could do. We called the driver who was angry because my husband "ignored" him. The driver admitted he never pulled in the driveway but that didn't seem to matter.

i wrote a really polite email asking to reschedule and have heard nothing after several days. So 8f, yeah, I hear you. And randomq, yeah, where am I gonna go? Now back to boogie woogie....
Certainty will be the death of us.
“… Now back to boogie woogie....”

Probably won’t.

kalianna, Sounds like the driver had “issues”.
https://www.pizzahut.com/c/content/pizza-hut-app

Ready when you get there.
How’s their pizza? Anyone recommend?
Yucko. Wad of very oily dough, too much cheese. I'd forgive Boogie Woogie first. What happened to NY Pizza opening in Puna Kai?
Certainty will be the death of us.
What happened to NY Pizza opening in Puna Kai?

Maybe they had to install a urinal?
(09-26-2021, 09:12 PM)eightfingers2.0 Wrote: How’s their pizza? Anyone recommend?

We have their app and the pizza is ready in 15 minutes every time.  We haven't found it to be too oily, but will update this post if that experience changes.  We stopped going to Boogie Woogie when we waited 90 minutes for our pizza.  No apology from the staff...just some odd business practice that those placing orders on the phone got preferential treatment over those who ordered in person.  (Yes, this was years ago.)  

I would prefer to support local businesses, but in this case I won't.
Wahine

Lead by example