Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A get well card for AaronM who lives in Puna and got The Covid
I don't understand the comment "Just another annoying flue". That would imply the disease is not known to kill people. Covid is very much known to kill people. Russian Roulette is also known to kill people although many people who play it do indeed walk away unharmed.
I guess you missed the YMMV disclaimer.
AaronM and Malahini, you have shared with us about your symptoms and duration. Thank you.

This might be a bit much to ask, but could you also tell us your age, sex, health conditions and immunity status (previous infection, vaccine, type, how many, when, etc.)?
(01-04-2022, 06:16 AM)My 2 cents Wrote: AaronM and Malahini, you have shared with us about your symptoms and duration. Thank you.

This might be a bit much to ask, but could you also tell us your age, sex, health conditions and immunity status (previous infection, vaccine, type, how many, when, etc.)?

That's just weird and a little scary. What are you going to do with those two people's private information?
"That's just weird and a little scary. What are you going to do with those two people's private information?"

I would compare it to my own situation.  Omicron is new.  I am trying to understand it better.  Some of this information has already been given but I’m not invested enough to go looking for it.  If they don’t want to share it that’s fine with me and I totally understand.

Tom, you seem to be very motivated to pick fights with me.  Please keep your insults to yourself.
(01-04-2022, 06:16 AM)My 2 cents Wrote: AaronM and Malahini, you have shared with us about your symptoms and duration. Thank you.

Aaron has had da Covid once before, Malahini has had two shots of Moderna.  Both male. That's all I've got from what they've shared in the past.  I'd be curious to know how/where they suspect infection occurred.  Of course, sometimes it's practically impossible to know. Also, can't really say if it's Delta or Omicron, right? They're about 50/50 for circulation I've heard.

Wife of a friend got Covid travelling to East Coast over Xmas.  She had symptoms for only two days.  Vaxxed, probably boosted.
Omicron is a cold. Everyone is going to get it.

I've said this... Not sure what MarkP is confused about.

I'm already feeling way better. I just have the leftover chest congestion from the sinus drainage.

Most hospitalizations are incidental with Omicron. This is the data almost everywhere. Even you know who on you know what network was saying it.

Also I barely leave the house except to shop,  I did hang out with my neighbors for like 15 minutes on New Year's Eve. Otherwise I've just been in stores. Boy those masks really helped. LOL Useless against Omicron except a properly worn n95 maybe. Not that you should bother with this cold.

Geez all this gnashing of teeth over a freakin' super contagious cold.
Have you tested positive for Omicron? Or are you self diagnosing?
Waiting on test result still. My father is getting a test too because he's sick as well.

The symptoms we have match everything there is out there about Omicron.

We'll know for sure in the next day or two. I suspect by the time we get our test results back both of us will be better.

Considering I rarely leave the house except to take a walk outside or ride my bicycle, and never get a cold, I'm not sure what else it could be except super contagious Omicron.

At this point I have a little bit of a fatigue and a low fever.
(01-04-2022, 09:41 PM)malahini Wrote: At this point I have a little bit of a fatigue and a low fever.
It's a hot day.   Big Grin

Pretty sure you won't get a definitive answer on which Covid variety it is, if any, but certainly more likely to be Omicron since you're vaxxed.
Unvaxxed need to remember that the more vicious Delta variant is still out there.