Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
get it while it lasts
Just in time for the holidays, it's Spam Figgy Pudding!

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/21/113827038...udding-why
Certainty will be the death of us.
So, as a Brit, I should know what figgy pudding is. I'm not sure I do and this hideously nauseating creation might be close to one, but it's not quite the same thing. Nevertheless, I'm sure many Brits will agree that Christmas pudding is the most disgusting thing you can put on the table for Christmas lunch. Traditionally, you pour brandy over it and set it on fire. I suspect that came from attempts to burn the thing to a crisp so no one could eat it. The only good thing about it is you could feed a family of twenty on it for a week given how dense it is - think of a block of lead - that's if they could even stomach it. If you need food in a hurricane/earthquake emergency kit, think Christmas pudding.  Just make sure it's not in a place where it might fall on you because it will take you down - and probably the neighbors below you if you're in a condo.

Also, in the bad old days, you would hide a shilling in the pudding somewhere so some poor sod could break a tooth biting on it. It was supposed to bring you luck. Seriously? Starting the new year with a dentist's bill is not good luck.

Have a great holiday season!

PS. A mixed review:

https://youtu.be/ueNZC30IDzg
Very educational! Maybe Domino's will offer a special Holiday Spam Figgy Pudding Pizza. I was quite puzzled by the unexplained container of "crushed skull dust" on the counter around 3:10 in the video.
Certainty will be the death of us.
I can only assume the crushed skull dust is something you need if you accidentally drop a christmas pudding on your head. It'd be difficult to do given its weight. Most smaller objects orbit a christmas pudding when it's on the table.
No one will chip a tooth, because no one bites into figgy pudding that enthusiastically. At least the shilling is an excuse to spit it out, which is probably the lucky part.
Maybe that was the deal - everyone digs into the pudding making it look as though it's being eaten but all they're after is the money.
Not sure whether to be disgusted or amused...guess I'm both.
It's a little bit of everything. Satire, parody, juxtaposition with a sprinkling of humor.
(11-23-2022, 07:39 AM)TomK Wrote: It's a little bit of everything. Satire, parody, juxtaposition with a sprinkling of humor.

... said the inventor of figgy pudding, revealing his recipe right before the lever was pulled and the gallows floor dropped away.
I think Henry had his head chopped…
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!