Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attempted Murder in HPP
WOW!  It looks like this poor victim (who crashed the 7th Avenue HPP Junkyard house with a knife and a bottle and demands) takes a licking and keeps on ticking.  The ages in the articles are very slightly off, but how many Roman Zubkovs are running around Puna getting stabbed and shot?

https://www.westhawaiitoday.com/2016/04/...-stabbing/

Man gets 179 days in Pohoiki stabbing
By JOHN BURNETT Hawaii Tribune-Herald | Thursday, April 14, 2016, 7:03 p.m.|Apr. 14th, 2016
Send to Kindle

HILO — A 62-year-old Pahoa man was sentenced Wednesday to time already served for an Oct. 7, 2015, stabbing in Pohoiki.
Hilo Circuit Judge Greg Nakamura sentenced Boris Ivanovich Vereshak to 179 days in jail for stabbing 24-year-old Roman Zubkov. He also ordered Vereshak to make $4,709.48 in restitution for Zubkov’s medical expenses.
Vereshak was found guilty of third-degree assault, a misdemeanor, after a weeklong jury trial. The jury didn’t convict Vereshak on charges of first- and second-degree assault, which are felonies punishable by, respectively, 10- and five-year prison terms upon conviction.
Vereshak, who has no prior criminal record, spent 190 days in custody in lieu of $5,000 bail. He was given the 179-day sentence, a day less than six months, because of immigration considerations. Vereshak waived the additional time he spent in custody to receive the sentence.
A Russian-language interpreter was provided at the trial and other court hearings.
According to court documents, Vereshak and Zubkov, who are acquainted, were at a social gathering at the Pohoiki Road home of a mutual acquaintance, Vitaly Novikov.
Zubkov reportedly told police Vereshak punched him in the chin after being asked to use a weed-whacker, and a fight ensued. Zubkov and Novikov told police Vereshak produced a knife, and Novikov said Vereshak stabbed Zubkov, documents state.
Police said Zubkov sustained arterial damage to his right bicep and cuts to his left hand and upper left arm.
During his initial appearance on Oct. 12 in Hilo District Court, Vereshak told Judge Andrew Wilson, “They made me drink alcohol, then they robbed me. But there was no crime committed by me.”
After sentencing, Vereshak’s attorney, Deputy Public Defender Zachary Wingert said, “We’re pleased with the result of the trial.”
Email John Burnett at jburnett@hawaiitribune-herald.com.
“but how many Roman Zubkovs are running around Puna getting stabbed and shot?”

Good question. But maybe Roman Zubkov is the Russian equivalent of America’s John Smith?

At any event, how much longer do you think it will be before he becomes the perpetrator versus the victim?
This is what I learned from the altercation. Don’t ask to borrow tools:

punched him in the chin after being asked to use a weed-whacker, and a fight ensued. 
punched him in the chin after being asked to use a weed-whacker

The first time I read this I thought the author was saying that Vereshak punched Zubkov because Zubkov asked Vereshak to do some yardwork for him.  The reaction seemed to have greater justification that way.  As one who is frequently asked to use a weed-whacker,  I guess my bias kicked in.  However this author could have been more clear.

I also wonder about an author that thinks that there can be a "social event" in Puna that is all Russian dudes and no PunaTang.  I certainly wasn't invited.
"...be a "social event" in Puna that is all Russian dudes and no PunaTang.  I certainly wasn't invited."

Begs the question as to why in the first place all these Russian dudes are here lounging in and living off of Hawaii (America for that matter) when their mother country is at war with Ukraine.

If you ever do get an invite Puntang, careful that "They made me drink alcohol, then they robbed me."

Also, are you good at weed whacking?
Well, a Bulgarian umbrella wasn't used, so we can probably rule out ex-KGB agents.
"They made me drink alcohol"... That excuse never works for me.
dudes are here lounging in and living off of Hawaii (America for that matter)

Yea, that's a thing now. It's not just Russians. They say it boosts the economy or the GDP or something. 
(05-27-2024, 04:36 PM)randomq Wrote: "They made me drink alcohol"... That excuse never works for me.

It seems like it worked, at least to some extent, for this fellow. He got his bail reduced. 

https://www.westhawaiitoday.com/2015/10/...g-suspect/