Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Question for Rob on current PunaWeb hopes & expectations
Merriam-Webster:  Bickering --  "petty and petulant quarreling especially when prolonged or habitual"
Certainty will be the death of us.
(08-05-2024, 04:46 PM)Punatang Wrote: I found the book just based on the clues in this thread.  It took all of 60 seconds to piece it together.  Several of you have completely debased yourselves.  There is nothing preventing you from sending these hateful, truly demented messages to each other privately.  Or, do you get your jollies from the public display of your darkness?  You don't feel that the rest of the community deserves decency and decorum?

Nice, private handles you have there...
I have no freakin' idea about the book names or those of the authors/photographers.  At this point my interest has begun to wane.

Yeah, seems like some bad blood exists in this forum doesn't it?
(08-06-2024, 07:54 AM)TomK Wrote:
(08-05-2024, 04:46 PM)Punatang Wrote: I found the book just based on the clues in this thread.  It took all of 60 seconds to piece it together.  Several of you have completely debased yourselves.  There is nothing preventing you from sending these hateful, truly demented messages to each other privately.  Or, do you get your jollies from the public display of your darkness?  You don't feel that the rest of the community deserves decency and decorum?

Nice, private handles you have there...

Why not simply name the book? You can claim it only took you 60 seconds to piece everything together, yet you won't provide the evidence.

To name the book, as you are aware, would be to effectively "out" or dox a Punawebber which is prohibited by Rob's Rules of Order and dreadfully uncouth.
I wish you all the best.
So then why would you even say that you wrote a book and go on and on about the content? Then say to people, "you figure it out"?

BTW, I invented pants.
HiloJulie - Free speech can be anything, but there are limits. You can’t scream fire in a crowded theater!
Actually, you can always shout fire in a crowded theater, there just may be consequences for doing so, depending on the context. Similarly, you can "post here and there and everywhere I desire", there just may be consequences for doing so. Freedom of action doesn't mean freedom from consequence.

HiloJulie - And the real problem to me is not that MyMano is a washed up drunken misogynist pig, it’s the people who support his behavior, which has gone on here at PunaWeb for over a decade.
So now you're not in support of how Rob has run PunaWeb for decades? You do understand that only he can moderate someone's speech here? Has me wagging my finger made you more receptive of community feedback? Made Tom act less of a fool? Helped kalianna find joy in the absurdity of it all? Doesn't seem so to me, so once again, you're mistaken in your understanding and expectations here. As sensei HOTPE said "Sometimes if they say or do nothing, it’s not that they approve of the comment.  It’s not that they think it’s true.  In the world of online forums wildly crazy stuff is posted every microsecond."

Durian Fiend - Yeah, seems like some bad blood exists in this forum doesn't it?
Punaweb is interesting to me in that its membership is defined by geography, not a topic of interest, so it's been both less likely to become an echo-chamber, but also more likely to spark discussion and disagreement. While some online communities collapse under the weight of time, where arguments and feuds built up and drive away both long time contributors and more casual participants who tire of the drama, for perspective, one of the earliest threads on Punaweb from its first couple years was asking about an "ignore option" to not have to read content from certain posters. So this discordant situation isn't new or anything and ultimately some people will stay, some will go, and some new ones will arrive - wash, rinse, repeat.

"Ka turns, and the world moves on. If we're lucky, we move on with it."

P.S. - Oh, hi kalakoa! :)
(08-06-2024, 06:01 PM)ironyak Wrote: HiloJulie - Free speech can be anything, but there are limits. You can’t scream fire in a crowded theater!
Actually, you can always shout fire in a crowded theater, there just may be consequences for doing so, depending on the context. Similarly, you can "post here and there and everywhere I desire", there just may be consequences for doing so. Freedom of action doesn't mean freedom from consequence.

HiloJulie - And the real problem to me is not that MyMano is a washed up drunken misogynist pig, it’s the people who support his behavior, which has gone on here at PunaWeb for over a decade.
So now you're not in support of how Rob has run PunaWeb for decades? You do understand that only he can moderate someone's speech here? Has me wagging my finger made you more receptive of community feedback? Made Tom act less of a fool? Helped kalianna find joy in the absurdity of it all? Doesn't seem so to me, so once again, you're mistaken in your understanding and expectations here. As sensei HOTPE said "Sometimes if they say or do nothing, it’s not that they approve of the comment.  It’s not that they think it’s true.  In the world of online forums wildly crazy stuff is posted every microsecond." 

Well, I believe it was you that went on the triad of me putting words into your mouth, but having said that, I think comparing your original complaint to Rob about enforcing PunaWeb rules such as Kalakoa points out about spacing, fonts, quoting, engaging in banter and the like are no comparison to a person calling a woman a “BITCH” or asking how many times she “dropped her drawers” for a former public servant. 

I would think, in that context, that I’d have to agree that Rob should step in and moderate that. And, while saying or doing nothing may mean that others don’t agree with those comments, it can also equally mean agreement.
So I guess Rob agrees with it all, as he hasn't said or done anything about it. Judge and jury has spoken, sucks to be you!

Or perhaps, as you've already quoted the Punaweb Forum - Registration Agreement, you agreed "that all messages posted on this discussion system express the views and opinions of the original message author and not necessarily the views of this bulletin board."

That's the whole bulletin board Julie, includes every contributor other than the author. Sorry no one wants to defend your honor - perhaps try listening to the community and not going out of your way to be a pain in the ass to everyone and someone may be more inclined to take your side. FFS - relationship basics 101 for a senior, maybe MyManao has a point.
(08-06-2024, 06:35 PM)ironyak Wrote: So I guess Rob agrees with it all, as he hasn't said or done anything about it. Jury has spoken, sucks to be you!

Or perhaps, as you've already quoted the Punaweb Forum - Registration Agreement, you agreed "that all messages posted on this discussion system express the views and opinions of the original message author and not necessarily the views of this bulletin board."

That's the whole bulletin board Julie, includes every contributor other than the author. Sorry no one wants to defend your honor - perhaps try listening to the community and not going out of your way to be a pain in the ass to everyone and someone may be more inclined to take your side. FFS - relationship basics 101 for a senior, maybe MyManao has a point.

I’m sure the years of self admitted LSD abuse has led to the extreme paranoia and schizophrenia MyMano clearly exhibits is a good point to make.
(08-06-2024, 06:42 PM)HiloJulie Wrote:
(08-06-2024, 06:35 PM)ironyak Wrote: So I guess Rob agrees with it all, as he hasn't said or done anything about it. Jury has spoken, sucks to be you!

I’m sure the years of self admitted LSD abuse has led to the extreme paranoia and schizophrenia MyMano clearly exhibits is a good point to make.

Or the paranoia exhibited by those obsessed with others being in invisible mode, or how quickly they respond to posts?
Wahine

Lead by example
(08-06-2024, 06:53 PM)Wao nahele wahine Wrote: Or the paranoia exhibited by those obsessed with others being in invisible mode, or how quickly they respond to posts?

Careful Ms. Wao. You’re starting to sound like a former little birdie who also specialized in airport parking. 

And speaking of the “invisible mode” I wonder who the 2 “invisible users” just might be who generally lurk here on PunaWeb 18 to 20 hours a day?!?

One would think with that amount of spare time, one could finish off his website of pictures?

One more thing. I think Ironyak beats me hands down on the speed of his replies far better than I ever could!