Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has PW been infiltrated by ChatGPT?
Recently, while reading an article titled  "AI is ruining the internet” I had to wonder, is PW being influenced, infiltrated, by ChatGPT?

The reason I ask is that I am not convinced some of our more recent additions are actual brick and mortar, flesh and blood, individuals. In fact, when presented with a long list of clues, embedded in conversations, posts, it seems plausible that we have a chatbot amongst us.

Just an observation. But with each post, with each response, it seems we have “someone” or something really, that knows how to search the net to compose responses, but is wholly without any personal references, and is completely taken aback whenever confronted with references that return no search results.

Should be fun going forward as we adjust to a world filled with lifeless bots posing as people. Oh boy.
is PW being influenced, infiltrated, by ChatGPT?

Yes, certainly, because their ultimate goal is no doubt to take over Puna District!  Perhaps if we all begin posting our most intelligent, thoughtful, problem solving commentary, the AI force(s) will realize they have no chance when faced with our NI (natural intelligence) and they’ll return to X and Facebook?
The tune in part is so like 'Hello I Love you Please Tell Me Your Name' that it takes me till halfway through before I appreciate the Paranoia.
"Yes, certainly, because their ultimate goal is no doubt to take over Puna District!"

Come on now HOTPE, we already took it over! 

Those nanobots we inserted into the COVID vaccines are working mighty well!

(Which reminds me to reset the Shower Drive stop light for 2 minutes longer.)
(08-06-2024, 05:54 PM)MyManao Wrote: Recently, while reading an article titled  "AI is ruining the internet” I had to wonder, is PW being influenced, infiltrated, by ChatGPT?

The reason I ask is that I am not convinced some of our more recent additions are actual brick and mortar, flesh and blood, individuals. In fact, when presented with a long list of clues, embedded in conversations, posts, it seems plausible that we have a chatbot amongst us.

Just an observation. But with each post, with each response, it seems we have “someone” or something really, that knows how to search the net to compose responses, but is wholly without any personal references, and is completely taken aback whenever confronted with references that return no search results.

Should be fun going forward as we adjust to a world filled with lifeless bots posing as people. Oh boy.

Spot on. For instance, instead of working today, I spent my time programming AI bots to infiltrate PW because it's such an important site, and I had nothing better to do. On the other hand, it'll be less interesting than people posing as other people.
(08-06-2024, 05:54 PM)MyManao Wrote: Just an observation. But with each post, with each response, it seems we have “someone” or something really, that knows how to search the net to compose responses, but is wholly without any personal references, and is completely taken aback whenever confronted with references that return no search results.

I'd love for you to break down this word salad of nothingness by embedding several links as examples that also can support what this gobbledygook of nothing means.

To be honest, if we are discussing CHATGPT, I'd say that your two sentences quoted above seem right out of CHATGPT. The free version too.
I was unaware that personal references were needed to post here.
As a large language model it would not be appropriate for me to comment
(08-07-2024, 08:11 AM)HiloJulie Wrote:
(08-06-2024, 05:54 PM)MyManao Wrote: Just an observation. But with each post, with each response, it seems we have “someone” or something really, that knows how to search the net to compose responses, but is wholly without any personal references, and is completely taken aback whenever confronted with references that return no search results.

I'd love for you to break down this word salad of nothingness by embedding several links as examples that also can support what this gobbledygook of nothing means.

To be honest, if we are discussing CHATGPT, I'd say that your two sentences quoted above seem right out of CHATGPT. The free version too.

I guess my question was just too hard to grasp. Thus, as is usual, crickets are the standard response.