Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punaweb:Changes in latitudes,Changes in attitudes!
Jon and Tom -

Please remember that I'm the resident ass that was complained about to the point where Rob said only 5 posts per day maximum. [Wink]

-------
My Blog
And the snarking continues......

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
LOL... but I have a guilty conscious. I can handle people yelling at me or whatever, but I don't like to make people "feel" bad.

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security
Benjamin Franklin
-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
So who sneaking about? [Smile]

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security
Benjamin Franklin
-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker

And the snarking continues......

Glad you could contribute [Big Grin]

Just teasing![Wink]

-------
My Blog
I am Spartacus!
I think the comments were directed at the conservative types in general.
You know who you are. PIGS!

Always wanting to defend your family and yourselves, shoot first, then ask questions.

I say this facetiously as I certainly would be ranked among ye.

I know I thought somewhat introspectively after reading the comment.

But after pondering the matter, I came to the conclusion that one must consider the source.
Folks are different. we come in all shades of every ilk.
male/female/lib/conservative with varying shades of libertarianism.

There is not two among us that would agree on everything.

But maybe, at the end of the day the true measure of civility is how we are able to tolerate each other.

With the free exchange of ideas here even a troglodyte like me might learn something and walk away the richer for it.

However all it would take is one person to say I am not welcome and I will go with out so much as a comment.

esnap commented "...Folks are different. we come in all shades of every ilk...However all it would take is one person to say I am not welcome and I will go with out so much as a comment."

Yes, your point about simplistic one-axis notions of dualism not reflecting reality is well taken. The Political Compass instrument at this site http://www.politicalcompass.org/ does a good job with crosstabulating personal results on two axes and matching those results with famous historical figures, yet there is ever so much more to anyone and everyone on Punaweb than that which is measured by even two important axes.

One axis not measured by the instrument above yet which seems more and more important here is the willingness or unwillingness to be kind and assist one another. This quality might be measured by how we show up in this forum and in person with our words and actions vis a vis our neighbors in the community.

"However all it would take is one person to say I am not welcome and I will go with out so much as a comment" ...Surely not if just one person were to say this, given the one person is not Rob? If each person bails out of the discussion whom just one other person says is not welcome, then PW could eventually consist of one person who is either very self-righteous or a bully (if there is a difference between the two) and Rob as he turns off the lights. IMHO we should definitely listen to the feedback of our peers when we receive a bunch of feedback about something or other, and respectfully heed it by improving the constructiveness of our comportment within the shared norms of our group, but to drop out just because one person says you are unwelcome does not seem constructive or appropriate.

)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

Pres. John Adams, Scholar and Statesman

"There's a scientific reason to be concerned and there's a scientific reason to push for action. But there's no scientific reason to despair."

NASA climate analyst Gavin Schmidt

)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(

)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(

Astonishing skill! This archer is a real-life Legolas and then some!
http://geekologie.com/2013/11/real-life-...rs-anc.php

)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(
alaskasteven,

Every time you post I’m feeling a bigger brethren with you. You have a gift of gab and know how to put it to ink. Don’t let the little people run you off, you and your words are needed even if the uninspired don’t fathom what you are trying to project. Hang in there brah.

The Lack
Thanks for the link to the political compass, aksteven (can I call you ak?). It was a lot of fun. I ended up right next to Ghandi, Nelson Mandela, and the Dalai Lama.