Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burglaries solved? A survey
Does anyone have any direct knowledge of our police department making arrests and obtaining convictions for any burglaries?
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Not direct, but a 2012 Hawai'i Atty. General report on island-by-island burglary and car theft convictions and felon demographics for 2010 is at: http://ag.hawaii.gov/cpja/files/2013/01/...y-2012.pdf

One interesting quote: "There were statistically significant county-level differences in offense types, whereby Hawaii County had proportionally more convictions for burglaries in the first degree (54.6%)."

There is a lot more interesting data in the report.

Reality aint what we think it is. (blueroom.com/realityaint.htm)
Reality aint what we think it is. (blueroom.com/realityaint.htm)
Personally I don't want to see a report that makes it look like someone is doing their job. I want to hear about Citizen X that actually got their property back and is satisfied with the police work.

I keep remembering that this is Puna and well, that's a stretch I know. Sigh.

I don't need a report to tell me how many corporations that have in house security ... Like Safeway, ross, target or the mall stores that get robbed.

You get 10 or so cops to patrol the size of Oahu (puna) is it any wonder? If your in the middle of no where (no neighbors) ... I guess the only in house security for you is a few big dogs. That and a little prayer of thanks when you come home to find the door still on it's hinges and all your stuff still there.

I kinda find it funny people in the middle of no where putting big solar panels on the roof. That's like hanging out gold bars on the deck and ringing the dinner bell to all the crooks that drive by.

Sometime you should really think twice about planting that privacy hedge to block the view of your neighbors windows.