Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Puna grinds
Would anyone out there like to share their favorite Puna eateries?

OK,
Here's mine but not in any order.
1.Luquinns Mexican
2.Lemon Grass Thai
3.Ken's House of Pancakes
4.Charlie's in Keaau
5.Coconut Grill in Hilo
6.Hilo Bay Cafe
7.Maui Tacos
8.Hawaii Pizza & Deli
9.Kuhio Grill
10.L & L Drive Inn

Gee, I was gonna list my favorites, but Lee has it all covered!!!

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
I've heard of Thai Thai in Volcano Village. Can you tell me which is better, Thai Thai or Lemon Grass. And where is Lemon Grass? Mahalo

not a bad list, except for L&L aka greasy spoon(what kind of meat is that really?)

Cafe Pesto is usually good especially on a Sunday afternoon with a jazz band. Sometimes the food is inconsistant. I think you'll find that most anywhere, and besides I'm pretty picky as I'm a reasonable cook and therefore do not like a cold dinner!

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Hanalei - I've never been to Thai Thai, but Lemon Grass is in the Keaau shopping center, in the strip between Ace Hardware and Puna Fresh Foods. L&L is there also - it's new, been there a few months maybe. I like L&L because it's so quick if you just order the items they have made up already. I like the mini chicken and orange chicken. I stop there once in awhile on the way home from work if I don't feel like cooking.

One other thing I like are the restaurants that have free pupu's! I think they are usually during happy hour, but go order a few beers after work, and they bring out free food! Firehouse, Kim's, and Shooters are a couple that come to mind, I know there are others. The hours vary. Firehouse is ok, but went to Kim's for the first time last week and they brought out sashimi, spinach salad, shrimp, pork, and lots of other things I can't remember. It's not a LOT of food, but it's enough for a nice snack - and it's free!

Thank you, Emily for your reply. We will visit BI next June and will try out some of these grinds.
here filipino food in pahoa called Ludy's
the italian sicilian restaurant paulos in pahoa is excellent
the new sugar cane ice and shake shop in puna is also amazing
i think the korean takeout in the food court close to the walmart is cheap and good food along with the hawaiian vendor

This is great. I'm salivating on my keyboard. Keep those suggestions coming....