Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robert Allen Park R.I.P.
http://www.hawaiipolice.com/missing-mans...d-01-28-14

quote:
Hawai#699;i Island police have identified human remains as that of a 47-year-old man reported missing in 2012.

Robert Allen Park of Mountain View was reported missing on October 22, 2012.

On January 6 of this year, human remains were found in an abandoned house on Pikake Street in the Fern Acres subdivision.

The body was identified as Park on Monday (January 27) through dental records.

An autopsy was conducted January 7 but the cause of death is still pending. Police do not suspect foul play.

Robert was a passing acquaintance of mine, and I wondered what happened to him when I first heard that he was missing.
They said he was found in an abandoned house, somewhere on the same road he was last seen on.

I always thought Robert was an alright guy, I can't understand what happened...
Another strange occurance in Puna.

My condolences to his friends and family.

Aloha

"Life is labor, and all that is good in life comes from that labor..."
According to a local website, the body was found hanging in the abandoned house on Pikake Street.
Police do not suspect foul play, so I guess if the other website is correct, Robert Allen Park apparently committed suicide by hanging!
Wow. I just googled his name and it appears that he was a registered sex offender...

Our paths crossed several times, and this young man was looking for his place in this world. Apparently led a troubled life, and was indeed sincere in his search to provide for his family.

The energy this young man had was very strong, yet in the same breath, respectful. Each time he saw me, it was, "Aloha, Aunty", with a genuine hug, and kiss on the cheek.

We'd visit, discuss current events, and life as a whole. Not a shy young man by any means, but willing to ask questions and listen to all points of view without being swayed by anyone.

I don't remember ever seeing him smile broadly, but once grabbed his chin and told him to look at me as I told him something encouraging. He smiled.

This saddens me as he had good qualities in him that apparently he did not see in himself. There is good and bad in all people, at least, this young man was struggling to find his "good".

Rest in peace, Robert, Akua bless you. My aloha to your ohana.
I read that earlier, made the decision not to write about it, as his family had been trying to find him. He had been missing for 15 months, before his body was found.

It is very sad! My condolences to his family and friends.

Anyone can check homefacts.com they show photo's and list 21 sex offenders in the Mountain View area, the site does not guarantee, the information is accurate or up to date, read the disclaimer.
It just goes to show how difficult it is to "know" who is a sex offender. They can be anywhere.
Before judging this unfortunate soul, it should be noted that, depending on the jurisdiction and the laws regarding registration when moving from one jurisdiction to another, anything from public urination to child rape can get you labeled a sex offender and forced to register. Unless the offense is listed on the website, you don't really know what a person has done to get on there.
As my buddy used to say when quizzed about pre conceived opinions concerning the defendants guilt "If he had not done some thing - we would not be here"

He did not serve much jury duty........