Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl (Hawaii related)
The I'o Kai should prevail in tomorrow's Makahiki game.
Look for local boy (Max Unger, HPA) at Center.

edit; typo; Mahalo Tom, I was sure at 11:30 or so it said Unger.

[Big Grin]
"The I'o Kai should prevail in tomorrow's Makahiki game.
Look for local boy (Max Hunger, HPA) at Center.
"

I think you mean Max Unger.

Is there an Hawaiian word for "karma"? I'm rooting for the Seahawks but Pam is a devout Patriots fan so this might be awkward...
Just prepping for the big game, snorkel! (Bloody hell, as a Niner fan for life, it is painful. Ugh!)

Also Hawaii related, Mosi Tatupu, class of '73, Punahou (may his sweet soul rest in peace, even though he jumped out the window during Algebra with Mrs. Fiddy in 9th grade...[:0]),and everyone thought he was 30 years old at the time. Truth, promise.) Going with the Patriots who he played for.

Freaking Seahawks killed my Niners. More than once! Kudos to our local boys (Max Unger is awesome; Seahawks irritate me...lol.), and may the best team win!

Whatcha havin'? We get Spam musubi [Wink], nori chicken, beers (if I can take your keys), plus poke (ahi stay runnin'!),pipikaula, laulau and poi (sour), Maui onion with Hawaiian salt on the side, and chili peppa wata.

GO Patriots. (I guess...lol. Montana was seen on ESPN today. The BEST QB in the history of the NFL! [Big Grin])

JMHO.

ETA: LMAO! Thank you, Mr. Tom. It is Unger...lol...Pam, I'm with ya! (Waving, again.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfuBREMXxts
"Whatcha havin'? We get Spam musubi , nori chicken, beers (if I can take your keys), plus poke (ahi stay runnin'!),pipikaula, laulau and poi (sour), Maui onion with Hawaiian salt on the side, and chili peppa wata."

I know you weren't asking me, but cooking for neighbours on Sunday and hope to convince them to show the game on the live stream.

Go Seahawks! (you know that as a Brit that is hard to write, so incorrect grammatically Wink).

Chicken and leek pie with garlic and rosemary roast potatoes and parsnips here and a side of French beans steamed in butter. And whatever wine they give me!
Each 30 second commercial now costs $4.5 million .Just for Super Bowl only.A one minute commercial spot on the Super Bowl game costs $9 Million and change.
One team will win,one team will lose.
It is a game of chance.
Volvo is giving away a bunch of new and improved cars via their commercials on Super Bowl game Sunday.
A certain beer company has Clydesdale horses but the puppy will be the star of that commercial.The thing is,this puppy is now 3 super bowl games old,yet has not aged a day.
When 30 seconds of commercial time costs $4.5 million dollars each,the public will be paying this business deduction from these mega corporations for the rest of the year till next Game day in 2016.May the best commercial win.

this puppy is now 3 super bowl games old,yet has not aged a day.

GMO puppies is why I don't drink American beer.

In any case, NBC will be streaming the game for free, as a clever advertising ploy for OTT streaming. Available wherever broadband is available, maybe not so useful in Puna.
Go Hawks!!!
12th man proud!!!!
Lol! Puna related? Well I will be watching it here in Puna!!!
quote:
Originally posted by TomK

"Whatcha havin'? We get Spam musubi , nori chicken, beers (if I can take your keys), plus poke (ahi stay runnin'!),pipikaula, laulau and poi (sour), Maui onion with Hawaiian salt on the side, and chili peppa wata."

I know you weren't asking me, but cooking for neighbours on Sunday and hope to convince them to show the game on the live stream.

Go Seahawks! (you know that as a Brit that is hard to write, so incorrect grammatically Wink).

Chicken and leek pie with garlic and rosemary roast potatoes and parsnips here and a side of French beans steamed in butter. And whatever wine they give me!

Sounds delicious, Mr. Tom! Hope they bring you two bottles of wine; one for each half... [:p]

Enjoy the game Puna peeps! May they all have good balls, and no bad calls!

ETA: Kalakoa, GMO puppies...LMAO!

Good day to go to Costco.
Should be one of the best games ever. The patriots have had one of the best offenses for a decade now, if they win what a dynasty. The seahawks have one of the best and intimidating defenses the game has ever seen, if they win two in a row they are the new dynasty. The seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson is the closest thing I have seen to Joe Montana in 30 years, what a winner.
This is a big game between the deflaters(patriots) and the inflaters(seahawks). They say if your not trying to gain an edge your not trying to win. I don't mind the deflated footballs used as a home edge as much as all the PED steroid using seahawks. Seems to play for Pete Carol you must play juiced, no other team uses more roids than the pumped up seahawks. Go Pats.