Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hwy 130 and Shower construction halted?
I noticed that construction on hwy 130 and shower has abruptly stopped for the last 2 weeks. All the equipment is still there along with lots of ripped up rock. Anyone know whats up? My wife said they're probably waiting for something to be inspected before they continue.....
We were wondering too. At first we thought bc of rain, but still no work going on. Hmm?
Silly taxpayers, expecting an explanation of how your money is wasted.
Enjoy the free flow of traffic while it lasts. Once that light goes in... It will be a fun ride for all that makes the daily crawl into and out of pahoa.
It's not dissimilar to whatever work is being done on H-11 between Keaau and Hilo (on the Hilo-bound side). It's been going on for months and I still can't figure out what they're actually doing.
whatever work is being done on H-11 between Keaau and Hilo

New entry/exit/turn lanes for the UH ag research station. Cost: $3M.
Lots of millions, for a county with no money.
Lots of millions, for a county with no money.

No, it's a State project, theoretically out of the UH budget, so tuition increases.

UH also has a shiny new dorm that's mostly empty because it's the most expensive housing option.
mostly empty because it's the most expensive housing option

Must not be enough children of Hawaii bureaucrats attending UH, with daddy choosing the most expensive option for them to live in. Becuz when built, daddy's cuz was in construction, so better to fill up those rooms before someone asks why an unused dorm was built.

On the fifth day - the scientists who studied the rivers - were forbidden to speak - or to study the rivers. -Jane Hirshfield's poem on creation
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
They had to stop their grading permit expired so they had to re apply they can't legally move forward without one