Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Crime Scene" at Pahoa Bank
Was in Pahoa yesterday, May 17 around 4 pm. There were several police cars surrounding the First Hawaiian Bank next to Napa, with officers interviewing several people. The building and entrance were yellow taped off. I saw other police personnel with "Crime Scene" printed in big letters on their shirts, going inside with large cameras. Seems like perhaps an attempted robbery, or perhaps an assault? No news yet that I can find. Anything out there on the coconut wireless?
I heard it was a robbery/attempted robbery. I was told the suspect left his wife and kids at the Pahoa Pool while he went and attempted to rob the bank. I heard he was caught.
Yes,there was a robbery. People standing around said that the robber was arrested walking up the street.
the man reportedly demanded money from bank tellers before brandishing a knife. The suspect fled on foot ...

following a search of the area by police, Anthony Gover was located approximately 800 feet away from the bank in the parking lot of the P#257;hoa Community Aquatic Center where he was taken into custody without incident.

http://www.hawaii247.com/2017/05/18/poli...k-robbery/

It... lends weight to Goethe's felicitous description of architecture as 'frozen music.' ... Does this, I often wonder, make music 'defrosted architecture?' Listening to Bach's Goldberg variations as I often do on walks when motorway noise and other auditory intrusions preclude the music of silence, it strikes me that it might. - Pub Walks in Underhill Country, Nat Segnit
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Not the sharpest knife in the pantry .
Most criminals lack smarts .
Classic example of stooopid .
give him 20 to life .
The dumb n dumber category .
Poor wife n children .
Yikes

Mrs. Mimosa
He should run for office.
So apparently this armed bank robber was released from custody due to a "medical issue". Whisky Tango Foxtrot!!

Born and Raised. Puna grown!
Born and Raised. Puna grown!
If his sanity is in question, there's no sense in prosecuting. He would get off and tehn the county would be responsible for his care. We don't have anyplace to put them. The county is actually saving tax dollars.
Sanity in question? You talking bout the judge brah? Smile
Only place I've ever been where vigilante justice makes more sense.