Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best pizza in Puna is at..... True Value
$6.50 for largeish "personal pan" supreme. It was surprisingly good, way better than Boogie Woogie IMHO. Loaded with lots of meats and fresh ingredients that go all the way to the end of the crust (you're not paying for bare crust like most places). Which is good because the crust wasn't great. Even with the crust being so-so, I'd have to say that True Value has the best pizza in Puna. Crazy, huh?

The also have decent hot sandwiches, Reuben, French Dip, Cuban, all about $7. the French dip is at least as good as the one we had at Kaleos.

ETA: The pizza feeds one
Is this the one in Pahoa or Keaau? Yeah, Crazy!
While Puna has NO good permanent pizza place, I'd have to say that the best pizza in Puna is at Uncle Roberts on Wednesdays. They sell out so order early.
We ate at the pizza food truck when we went to Uncle Roberts and it was good. Long line and wait as it was pretty popular...
Must be Orchidland General.

Allen
Finally in HPP
Allen
Finally in HPP
Yes.
Yes, orchidland true value general store. At the sandwich counter. I had the french dip and it was actually... excellent! Worth every penny of the $7.

Dayna

www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
The manapua is pretty great too. Get it early, of course.
Good chicken salad and tuna salad as well.
I've been told that the fried rice is really good too. There was a fresh batch on the counter when I was in there this morning for the newspaper. I hear it goes fast.