Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riding mower recommendations
Aloha everyone!!! Looks like I have three choices in a riding lawnmower. Husqvarana, John Deer, or Cub Cat. I looking for comments/problems any of you have had with these brands. If you had problems, how did the warranty work out with you brand? Thank you for taking the time for your input. Mahalo
i am loving my husqvarana but haven't had any problems to use the warranty. i think the question i would ask is where you take it for warranty service. i went with a friend to try to get service on a john deer, now this was a few years ago, but we went to this little shack industrial area of hilo which was locked, no hours posted, no answer, no way to get help.. maybe that has changed...
I would go with a zero-turn that has a front deck that flips up for easier maintenance.
quote:
Originally posted by lquade

i am loving my husqvarana but haven't had any problems to use the warranty. i think the question i would ask is where you take it for warranty service. i went with a friend to try to get service on a john deer, now this was a few years ago, but we went to this little shack industrial area of hilo which was locked, no hours posted, no answer, no way to get help.. maybe that has changed...

If I do get the husky from lowes or the cub at home depot, I was going to get the extended warranty. On paper the warranty seems to make sense but u never know til u have to use it. Thank you for the lighting response
I would love one but those are probably out of my budget, but they do seem much better from what I have read.
Long term, the zero turn will probably save you money, not to mention the time savings when you mow.
Got a Sears '46 Inch rider and the 5 year warranty. The deck rusted along the weld lines (stored in a carport, didn't run it in the rain, etc..). They did warranty fix it (new deck ~$1000 bill covered under warranty), but took 3 months to get the parts, was a terrible experience. Never use Sears, the extended warranty was recommended from other people, so that's why I went that route. The repair guy was top-notch, but the Sears warranty system and parts system was absolute crap.

My neighbor has a John Deer from an authorized dealer, and it is top-notch! Do not buy a 'John Deer' from Home Depot, they are not the same robust models that are sold by the local authorized sellers.

Mauka Hilo-side
Mauka Hilo-side
Sears anything at this point is a big NO. They could be out of business by end of year.
quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

Sears anything at this point is a big NO. They could be out of business by end of year.

What, Sears may be gone? Oh well, my warranty expires early next year anyway. In my case, extended warranty repairs (3 years) have vastly exceeded original price of mower. Just about everything that can go wrong has occurred, has been covered, and repairmen have been very helpful and professional.

John Deere is the top ranked brand. As previously mentioned, I've been warned to not buy machines at Home Depot, as they're manufactured to a lesser standard than available elsewhere.