Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public Tennis Courts
Hi all,

I have guests coming to visit in March who are wondering if there are any public tennis courts in the area. I know there are a couple in Hilo but does anyone know if there are any closer to Pahoa? (tennis is not my thing [Smile] )

Mahalo!

T

Keaau has a couple outdoor courts.
Funny you should ask because the County has removed the requested dog park from the new HPP park plan and replaced it with tennis courts!
I’d rather the dog park myself but not my call Smile
not my call

The park will probably never be built, so you both win!
Search of Punaweb brings up this answer:
http://www.punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23451
Never have I been successful at getting onto high school grounds on weekends. If they have a side gate somewhere, I haven't found it. Shipman Park appears it, and those two are often busy.
" the County has removed the requested dog park from the new HPP park plan and replaced it with tennis courts!"

Good! People can walk their dogs anywhere. We need more sporting facilities.
I'm assuming that a dog park, even if it will never be built, is a place for dogs to run around leash-free. People can walk their dogs everywhere but only on a leash, at least legally. A dog park would benefit many more people than tennis courts so I'm all for it. Tennis courts only benefit a few, and I speak as someone who loved to play tennis in my younger years.
While its true that a dog park would benefit many and tennis courts only a few, at least those few are people.