Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New "Aloha Safety Checkpoint"
Latest on the Hale o Kuhio aka Aloha Safety Checkpoint is here:

http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2018/1...e-o-kuhio/

"However, the 'Aina Mauna Solution has not been sanctioned by the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands. Wilson and Ka'eo produced a letter from a DHHL official, instructing them to take down the first, smaller-sized Hale o Kuhio. The kanaka rangers complied. Now, a larger structure has taken its place."
Tgey should do it more like a covered drive through . I love the color.
Looking at the picture, and the construction techniques used on their structure, they might want to call it the Aloha “Safety” Checkpoint.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Good. It's about time Hawaiians refocus their protests. This is a start. Excerpt from article:

"Two kanaka rangers...Kalaniakea Wilson and Kepa Ka'eo – (cited) the passage of the Hawaiian Homes Commission Act...set aside approximately 200,000 acres of land...for native Hawaiians...According to Wilson and Ka'eo, the state DHHL has failed to effectively administer the program over the years..."

Indeed DHHL has failed. The activists need to mobilize many hundreds of native Hawaiians. Occupy somer DHHL land and build (unauthorized) housing for homeless Hawaiians.

Native Hawaiians gathered large number of "protectors" to protest TMT; can they redirect to a much more worthy cause?
I agree, Mark, but there seems to be some sort of semi-hidden agenda as well. Why build this thing at the summit access road turn-off? And if you watch the video in the link, there seems to be much more behind the checkpoint than homes for native Hawaiians. In fact, it barely gets a mention.
Yea, I'm not that optimistic. Whenever another Hawaiian protest breaks out there is hope that they focus on a just cause. Still waiting....
Have u three posting here ever spoken to these folks directy? Maybe hotpe can drive up and expressed personally deliver his opinion about they structure. FWI hotpe .. ur van can handle the roads. The
"Have u three posting here ever spoken to these folks directy [sic]?"

I have.

"FWI hotpe .. ur van can handle the roads. The"

The what?
Maybe it doesn't matter what the fight is about yet, only that it is between Hawaiians and the DHHL. The sooner they realize the DHHL is not on their side, the sooner they can create change.
I have talked to many of the protesters. They want all white people off there Mauna. Thats been a given. I used to love it at the VIS at 9000 ft. Now i dont feel comfortable up there at all. Its very restrictive, u have to leave at 10 pm. The visitor station is not open every day any more. The rangers are not as friendly, i think they are scared of who they are talking to. I hope it changes but am not expecting it.No aloha on tha Mauna
For sure any more.
Aloha

HPP

HPP