Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
coronavirus testing in Hawaii
There is so much information posted on many different threads so I'm beginning a thread on this narrow topic. I have heard of no further testing other than the 22 tests administered early on. Does anyone have information on how many tests have been done and what the results are? Please post gripes elsewhere. It would be nice to keep this to information only.
These are the official numbers from Hawaii DOH:

COVID-19 Summary of Numbers as of March 11, 2020
(updated as new information becomes available)

Number of Presumptive Positive or Confirmed Case(s)

Number of Persons Under Investigation (current, testing pending)

Number of Persons Under Investigation (closed, testing negative)

Number of Persons Under Quarantine

Number of Persons Self-Monitoring with DOH supervision

"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Hawaii DOH is posting reports here. If you click the one from yesterday my you can scroll to the bottomish and see the testing done so far.
https://health.hawaii.gov/news/covid-19-updates/

Not sure if this going to include tests by private labs (I think they said yes those had to be reported back) or if it will include the ILI sampling for community spread starting soon.

ETA: Or as HOTPE has said and done, sign up for the email updates.
Thanks for this information. I had seen these numbers but was hoping there would be more testing by now.
I had seen these numbers but was hoping there would be more testing by now.

Remember no griping Wink

Sarah Park, state epidemiologist, had said that the tests done by the private labs that just started would take a few days to get results as the samples are sent to the mainland. Also, the ILI sampling is ramping up so there will be 62 samples run next week, hoping to move up to 200 per week after that.

Unless the state lab has some people under investigation to test, it may be a couple days till we see new results.
https://health.hawaii.gov/news/corona-vi...h-12-2020/
COVID-19 Summary of Numbers as of March 12, 2020

2 - Presumptive Positive or Confirmed Case(s)
2 - Persons Under Investigation (current, testing pending)
28 - Persons Under Investigation (closed, testing negative)
0 - Persons Under Quarantine
39 - Persons Self-Monitoring with DOH supervision
Hey, that was disappointment, not griping! :-)

So four more cases under investigation over the course of the day. It appears that there's still not a lot of testing going on.
It would be useful if the DoH also included the number of COVID-19 test they've carried out. Without that I can only conclude that the lower limit for people in the state who have been tested is 32.
The number of people tested so far by the state lab is the sum of the first three numbers; 32

And if this seems impossibly, stupidly, tragically insufficient - yep.

Unless the DOH is hiding their extra test results somewhere they seem to be helping to hide the true extent of the crisis at hand.
Today's testing info, just out:

2 positive
7 under investigation
45 negative
27 self- monitoring.

If I'm interpreting this correctly, it looks like since yesterday, 17 tests came out negative, none positive and 5 more tests were done today. Is that correct? That's not a whole lot of testing.