Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking a tractor mechanic
I am having hydraulic problems on my diesel tractor.  Need to bleed the system.  The tractor has a brand new hydraulic pump.  Can't seem to find any definitive tutorials on the internet.

Any recommendations?

Pahoa Village area.

Mahalo...
Hydraulic systems are generally what I would call self-bleeding. Fill the fluid reservoir, start the engine and run all of the implements stop to stop several times, i.e., raise the bucket to its highest point and back down to the lowest point several times, then same with the bucket tilt, and same with any other hydraulic functions. Then refill the reservoir.

Have tried this yet?
I did for 45 minutes this morning.  Except there is no lift, no tilt at all.  Reservoir is full, fluid and filter are new.
Sounds like you've got something else going on. I can think of 4 things that could cause your problem:

1. No fluid in the pump. I would disconnect the uppermost output line or port on the pump and make sure that fluid comes out with little to no air.

2. Drive mechanism not connected. Make sure that this step was not overlooked and was done properly when the new pump was installed.

3. Blockage in the output line. If step 1 and 2 are correct, then follow the output line to the next fitting or to the control block and disconnect to see if there is oil flow there. You may have to start the engine briefly and be sure to have a container to catch the oil.

4. Faulty pump. Brand new doesn't always guarantee that it's a good one or that it will work.

Good luck. I wish I could help further but I'm only a tractor mechanic when mine breaks down.

5. There could also be a blockage in the control block.
Loosen the supply Line and bleed the air out.then loosen the pressure line and do the same.
You may need to bleed the pressure line with the tractor running.
I agree with Obie that this is the most likely issue. The others on my list are only in case this one doesn't fix the problem.