Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save The Honolulu Rail Project With Chickens
The Honolulu Rail Project is selling Huli Huli Chicken to raise money.  The best part?  Buy a whole chicken for $32, a half chicken for $12.  That’s a government project expense calculation in action.

https://www.facebook.com/cnchonolulu/photos/a.2334649176782292/2776476072599598/?type=3&theater

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Some people won't figure out that is a satire FB group.
Thanks terracore,
I don’t have a Facebook account so when I come across these things sometimes it’s with limited access, and pop ups covering half the page asking me to sign in or join.  Makes it difficult to get the lay of the land, and in this case realize it’s satire. 

I just sent in $6.50 total for my quarterly excise tax payment, so I wouldn’t put it past the state to have a chicken sale in place of lost revenue.  I’ve seen worse ideas from them.
Buy two chickens, get another for free. $45 for packaging, postage, taxes and other fees. Additional fees applicable depending on other things. Free shipping to some places, and extra charges applied to others. USPS depreciation and rental charges apply while the package is in transit. We reserve the right to ignore all applicable laws. Online reviews are subject to defamation laws in other countries and even the US.

Thank you for buying Huli Chicken, your friendly and modern chicken dealer.
How many of us will live to see the day this project is completed? I'd like to see the odds before betting against the house.
I just like that the whole chicken is a worse deal than buying two halves. Smile
I like this among others :

"We are seeking public input on converting the Honolulu Rail project into a GIANT LAZY RIVER. we feel if were going to spend 10 billion on something it might as well be for tourism."
OMG, I legit love that idea Smile
How much is the cost to dismantle the whole thing and go back to what was before?
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
I'm no tax policy expert, but I am pretty sure the money is effectively "already spent", so there's no savings in stopping the project.