Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weekly rubbish pickup?
My 1995 Dodge Dakota trash hauler needs a repair.  Considering what I pay for insurance, registration, safety checks, and fuel taxes on private roads, etc, for a vehicle I drive 14 miles less than once a month, it's probably cheaper to pay somebody to collect our rubbish than continuing to pay the Nanny State for the "privilege" of private ownership and driving our rubbish to the transfer station myself.

I've seen a few places on OL Drive where it looks like they have regular rubbish pickup.  Like cans hauled to the easement etc.

Any idea of companies?   Prices?
I saw a miniature garbage truck cruising down the highway, no name, just a phone number: 308-0778.
Lots of them in HPP.

I will see if I can get some info about OL.
A neighbor has a service stop by every Wednesday - they arrive at 4am with a mini garbage truck that makes a lot of noise, considering that it is 4am...
Trash pick up in OL.

http://www.eastsiderubbish.net/index.html
Thanks Obie, I'll email them. It looks like its the same operator as the solar place next to J. Hara.

They were very quick getting back to me. They only pickup on paved roads. I'm wondering if that is the answer I'll get from everybody.
Please choose an outfit with a good reputation. There have been numerous cases of low ball trash haulers dumping people's rubbish in the bushes to avoid dump fees.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator