Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dog Torturers Are Out
Sad 
They're already doing fireworks and bottle rockets.  They don't care about animal torture.  They only care about their juvenile love for loud noises and the feeling of getting away with something mean because they know they can.  I'll never understand why some people like to explode homemade bombs, but I've come to the conclusion that they just like to annoy their neighbors.  I understand the aerials though.  They're pretty to watch but the other loud, house-shaking bombs are nothing more than terroristic dog torturing.  Please tell me what you think and if you have dogs.
It's not good for people with PTSD either. Or livestock. We purposely time our livestock breeding such that there won't be any expectant or new mothers around July or New Years. Even as is, we risk goats fear running into brush or fencing and ripping udders or causing other injuries.

Fortunately, the prelude leading up to tonight has been fairly tame. Fingers crossed that tonight won't be like the last New Years.
July 4th isn't usually as bad as NewYear's Eve but there's an awful lot of pent up energy from Our Year(+) of Living Safely. I just remind myself that this is nothing compared to where we used to live. July 4th lasted from Memorial Day until Halloween. Until 3AM.
(07-04-2021, 11:42 PM)kalianna Wrote: July 4th isn't usually as bad as NewYear's Eve but there's an awful lot of pent up energy from Our Year(+) of Living Safely.  I just remind myself that this is nothing compared to where we used to live.  July 4th lasted from Memorial Day until Halloween.  Until 3AM.
I guess the "disturbing the peace" law isn't enforced anywhere because there's no one to enforce it.   Huh