Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer station closures / schedules
"The county announced late Monday that Hilo, Keaau and Pahoa will be closed Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays while opening Sundays,Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Hawi and Keauhou will be closed Tuesdays and Thursdays while opening Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays."

https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/202...he-island/
And the boos from the crowd were deafening.

I guess Mitch has given up any hope of being reelected.
It's especially humorous that the did close alternate sites, but made sure they were too far away to be useful. Pahoa closed? No problem, just keep driving to Hawi.

See if you can detect the pattern:

- County can't force employees to be vaccinated because unions;
- County can't hire temporary transfer station workers because unions.

Don't be so sure Mitch won't get re-elected: the unions will probably give him another term.
(09-02-2021, 04:58 PM)kalakoa Wrote: It's especially humorous that the did close alternate sites

Alternate sites will be found if you know what I mean.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
Alternate sites will be found if you know what I mean.

I'm only too aware -- I live in that neighborhood. One of them, anyway.
(09-02-2021, 05:10 PM)kalakoa Wrote: Alternate sites will be found if you know what I mean.

I'm only too aware -- I live in that neighborhood. One of them, anyway.
Not sure what covid has to do with outside work like the transfer stations?  There's going to be piles of garbage dumped  all over now  Sad.
Not sure what covid has to do with outside work

Staff shortage because (presumably unvaccinated) people are home sick with COVID. Expect other closures soon.
It's a union deal.
Probably some will get overtime, mileage, and meal to drive hours across the island to cover absences. No accident they didn't stagger them locally. Gotta love the union!
They are trying to push people to commercial haulers, that have to dump at the west Hawaii dump saves the county from hauling across. And of course they probably get a cut on the side