Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saiki to sponsor bill to rein in Ige's reign of terror
https://www.civilbeat.org/2021/11/how-lo...cy-powers/

Quote:Hawaii House Speaker Scott Saiki said he plans to sponsor a bill that will give lawmakers the authority to nullify parts or all of Ige’s emergency orders. While similar bills stalled last session, those weren’t sponsored by the influential House speaker.

Saiki said he’s concerned about how far the governor is pushing the limits of the executive branch’s legal authority.

“I’m going to drop it,” he said, referring to introducing the bill. “So we’ll see what happens.”

A glimmer of hope? Yeah, not getting my hopes up.
I'd hardly call Ige's governorship a reign of terror. I'd call it the era of ineptitude and incompetence.
Big Grin 
(11-08-2021, 07:29 AM)TomK Wrote: I'd hardly call Ige's governorship a reign of terror. I'd call it the era of ineptitude and incompetence.

But that doesn't rhyme with rein.
OK, whatever floats your boat.
Ige will never allow this; Saiki will need a veto-proof majority.
Saiki recommended establishing a Mauna Kea Working Group to review the future management of the Mauna Kea scientific area.  He also proposed that he pick the members of the group. 

The actions of a totally objective person you'd want deciding what's fair, reasonable, and whether another politician makes a power grab that oversteps the limits of authority?
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/04/01...ing-group/
(11-08-2021, 07:14 PM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: Saiki recommended establishing a Mauna Kea Working Group to review the future management of the Mauna Kea scientific area.  He also proposed that he pick the members of the group. 

The actions of a totally objective person you'd want deciding what's fair, reasonable, and whether another politician makes a power grab that oversteps the limits of authority?
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/04/01...ing-group/

Who here actually said they like Saiki? But if he's going to propose a bill like what the topic of the thread is about, it's certainly for the better. It's actually the job of the legislature to you know... legislate. Not Ige.
propose a bill like what the topic of the thread is about

OK, since you’d like to stick to the topic of the thread, please describe five instances in which Ige’s actions could reasonably be described as terror upon a vast majority of the Hawaiian people.  

As defined by Merriam Webster:

Definition of terror

1[b]: [/b]a state of intense or overwhelming fear overcome by terror people fleeing the scene in terror He lived in terror of being caught.

2[b]: [/b]violence or the threat of violence used as a weapon of intimidation or coerciona regime that rules by terror especially  [b]: [/b]violent or destructive acts (such as bombing) committed by groups in order to intimidate a population or government into granting their demands an act of terrorthe war on terror—sometimes used before another noun terror attack 

3[b]: [/b]a very frightening or terrifying aspect the terrors of war

4a[b]: [/b]someone or something that inspires fear [b]: [/b]SCOURGEI stood before fierce Mrs. Mabel Johnston, his secretary and the terror of the office.— Russell Baker Before rifles were available to Eskimo hunters, bears were truly the terror of their existence.— Charles T. Feazel
You are such a troll. It's called hyperbole. lol

I was trying to be funny. I guess maybe I failed.
Refusal to participate in Safe Travels can result in your being arrested or jailed.

Violations of the emergency order can be fined up to $5000.

Reign of terror, indeed.