Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kalanianaole Avenue ... maybe 2023
https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/202...ontractor/

One mile of road: four years, $18M, not finished, and County decided to fire the contractor.
What a sad joke. Meanwhile, roads inundated during the eruption just need a D-9 for a few weeks. Federal monies provided for road reconstruction are going where?
Almost a new year so 2023 is a close time frame .
Eventually it will be done so no worries.
Eventually? This is a road we're talking about, not world peace.

The ineptitude of our County Government knows no bounds.
I lived in a condo out there after I became homeless. I was amazed that the design included intricate rock retaining walls.
It took about a year to do that. Then they started digging holes in the street building dozens of drywells.
After a year of that it went one way to put in the water main.

This is all on the county and it's on the previous administrations.

The water main was a change order. The concrete was a change order that a price couldn't be negotiated on.

The state's going to take it over and the county is reinforcing the road. The 1st step to light rail.
You can't be serious. What are people going to do with rail on the big island?
Woah, sarcasm much?
When you talk about the government here, it's all so crazy. I can't tell what's a joke or not anymore.
(12-20-2021, 05:58 AM)malahini Wrote: When you talk about the government here, it's all so crazy. I can't tell what's a joke or not anymore.

Let’s make it easy. The answer is “All of it”.

HTH
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
Our " Rail " along the coast there should just be simple ski lift kine all the way to Farmers market zone.