Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tabaraka Lebanese Food Truck
Apparently this food truck has been in Hilo for awhile, but I just noticed it.  Since it was almost dinner time, I decided to try it out.  The operator was super friendly and made some suggestions on what to order.  I didn't listen and ordered something else which he said 'was also very good'.  It was good enough I would go back.  The menu (see website below) is a mix of sandwiches and plates.  Have I had better Lebanese food?  Yes, but I can say this is the best Lebanese food I've had in Hilo.  The menu has seafood, chicken, beef, vegetarian/vegan, and gluten free options.

Although a food truck, it has a LARGE covered area for dining.  A "real" covered area, not a tarp in sight.  One end is setup sort of like a living room with couches etc, and the rest of it more like a typical dining area you'd see at a restaurant.  The end opposite the 'living room' has a water feature which makes a relaxing sound. The area is surrounded by trees and plants making one almost forget they are in a parking lot.  Not many food trucks have this type of ambiance, I would more accurately describe it as an outdoor restaurant.  I'm assuming it's dog-friendly, but I didn't ask.  If you forget to bring a dog there is a well behaved one that hangs around the food truck.

As I was finishing my food he came out and asked how I was enjoying my meal and thanked me for supporting them.  

This eatery is at 272 Waianuenue Ave next to the Library, behind the building, so access is from Ululani street.

https://www.tabarakahi.com/
This is one of my Hilo go-toʻs. He started off at Makuu Market and opened this place during the pandemic. He has a storefront right behind the food truck that was going to be a restaurant. Iʻm not sure if thatʻs still in his plans. The falafel sandwiches are great but they (and the french fries) only have a shelf life of 15 min. before they get smooshy. Expensive, but Iʻd rather spend the extra five bucks instead of getting a whopper. Nice place to eat outdoors.
Certainty will be the death of us.
Good to know. What kind of things do they sell in the store?
Sorry, I wasnʻt clear. Itʻs a storefront that was going to be a restaurant. Now, it has bathrooms in an unfinished space. No store.
Certainty will be the death of us.
Now, it has bathrooms in an unfinished space.

...but is there a urinal?