Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"INTERNATIONAL DARK SKY ASSOCIATION vs. FCC AND SPACEX"
I'm not going to comment on this as I have conflicting views and haven't quite decided exactly where I stand on this, but others here should know about it given the importance of Hawaii and Mauna Kea to international astronomy, and should feel free to air their concerns.

I received this in my work email just a few minutes ago, unsolicited which always annoys me, but it is important.

https://astronomersappeal.voxmail.it/use...t=b840bbbb

"On December 29, 2022, the International Dark-Sky Association (IDA) sued the U.S. Federal Communications Commission over its decision to approve SpaceX’s application for up to 30,000 more low-orbit satellites, in addition to the 12,000 already approved and in process of filling our skies. This is Case No. 22-1337 [1] before the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, and has not yet been decided by the court."
Nobody in the followership will care or even notice Tom, they all looking down.

And ground based going the way of the Dino anyway.
(05-02-2024, 07:45 AM)elepaio pid= Wrote:Nobody in the followership will care or even notice Tom, they all looking down.

And ground based going the way of the Dino anyway.

Look up the Dunning-Kruger Effect. Here, I'll help you: https://thedecisionlab.com/biases/dunning-kruger-effect

"The Dunning-Kruger effect is a bit of a catch-22. People who don’t know much about a given subject don’t have the knowledge or skills to spot their own mistakes or knowledge gaps. Because of these blind spots, they can’t see where they’re going wrong, and they, therefore, assume they’re doing fine."
Perfect Relationship Advice Tom..Not sure why you sidetracking you own thread ..Is there some connections ?
(05-02-2024, 08:50 AM)elepaio pid= Wrote:Perfect Relationship Advice Tom..Not sure why you sidetracking you own thread ..Is there some connections ?

Yes. You.
Hmmm ..
You posted a thread and then
#1 commented on it that you not gonna comment... LOL

" P " eople who don’t know much about a given subject don’t have the knowledge or skills to spot their own mistakes or knowledge gaps. Because of these blind spots, they can’t see where they’re ( gone ) going wrong, and they, therefore, assume they’re doing fine.
(05-03-2024, 08:36 AM)elepaio pid= Wrote:Hmmm .. 
You  posted a thread and then
#1 commented on it that you not gonna comment... LOL

" P " eople who don’t know much about a given subject don’t have the knowledge or skills to spot their own mistakes or knowledge gaps. Because of these blind spots, they can’t see where they’re  ( gone  ) going wrong, and they, therefore, assume they’re doing fine.

I said I wasn't going to comment on the lawsuit or the reasons behind it because I felt conflicted. I didn't say I was not going to comment on responses that have nothing to do with the lawsuit. I knew this would trigger you and it did, but it wasn't the reason I started the thread, it was to see what others might think about the debate on pollution of the night sky vs. the need to launch so many satellites.
" I knew this would trigger you " lol
WOW . i feel honored .. but we both know you making stuff up..Try harder bro ..or keep making posts for me.

love eat

Shoots .. late eta ..i actually posted to ur survey w/ opinion....as of right now im the only one .. ..see : they looking down.

u no like eat

Please Screen Shot your words ..

" Im not making anything up. I posted a link to the info about the lawsuit. Because I posted it, I knew you'd be triggered and then you claimed "And ground based going the way of the Dino anyway." which was consistent with the Dunning-Kruger Effect, because it's clear you have no idea what you are talking about " TomK

yep ..
(05-03-2024, 09:11 AM)elepaio pid= Wrote:" I knew this would trigger you " lol
WOW  . i feel honored .. but we both know you making stuff up..Try harder bro ..or keep making posts for me.

I'm not making anything up. I posted a link to the info about the lawsuit. Because I posted it, I knew you'd be triggered and then you claimed "And ground based going the way of the Dino anyway." which was consistent with the Dunning-Kruger Effect, because it's clear you have no idea what you are talking about.
Lol, U can literally say anything. God bless America.