Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pepe'ekeo Forum 9/10/08
Billy is sliding fast, and it was pretty evident at last night's forum in Pepe’ekeo. When he arrived he looked angry and frustrated. I think the fact that people aren't buying his B.S. anymore is annoying him. I'm glad I drove from Opihikao to attend this forum. He really showed his true colors. In the other forums with large attendance, such as the Bar Association and Chamber of Commerce forums, he would parade around a smile and be respectful of the other candidates. This time, he was fidgeting, cracking jokes on the side, and yawning (seemingly out of boredom) while the other candidates were addressing issues important to the Pepe’ekeo community. There wasn’t huge attendance last night, but it was representative of the small-rural community of Pepe'ekeo. It was obvious that he didn't feel the need to “put on a show" like he usually does. At one point, Jasper Moore made a minor mistake in a statement, and Kenoi jerked his head back and had to contain himself to keep from laughing out loud. It was pretty rude. He spent a lot of time trying to clarify, or refute, some of the comments made by other candidates. I think the wind-bag is running on empty. He keeps saying the same old stuff and cracking the same old jokes over and over again. Even though he might talk loud, there's no substance in what he's saying. Last night was a perfect example of who and what he represents. There was a feeling that we, the general public, were fortunate to be graced with his presence during such a “small” event. Maybe in his mind, he has bigger fish to fry. But if he gets in, the big fish will fry him and the “regular” people will pay the price. Events like this are important because the silent majority (people who don't like large flashing shows, but vote religiously) attend these "smaller" forums to really get to know the true character and motivation of each candidate. If Kenoi thinks these small community forums aren't worth his time and energy then he should stay home. I was undecided on who to vote for, until last night.
Even though Kenoi was "off" his game, at least he showed up. Lorraine and Stacy didn't even attend. Maybe the "money' and "popularity" aspects of this campaign does influence the priorites of candidates. Doesn't Lorraine live right down the road? To his credit, Pilago drove in from Kona for the event. But I did feel the same as you about last night. Billy didn't seem to take last nights forum seriously. Maybe in his eyes 80 or so attendees might not be important, but these 80 can let 200+ more know what he's about. If he keeps it up, he will lose the election.